“Adequate for our overnight stay”
Review of Allenby Park Hotel

Allenby Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Manukau
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked on-line and on arrival found that it presented well. The reception staff were easy to deal with and our check-in was handled smoothly. The limited contact that we had with other staff showed that they were friendly and helpful. Upon entering the room the carpets gave a first up appearance of being dirty however overall the room was clean. Being summer the room was a bit stuffy and, as it lacked air conditioning, the only means of freshening it up was to open the doors to allow air flow. We asked for a three person room and what we got was a double with an extra bed added for the night - not an issue but it was a little cramped for room. All the beds were comfortable. It is located close to the airport yet there is no (or at worst very limited) aircraft noise, it is also close to the main access roads heading north and south, and close to shopping centres at Manukau. It was adequate for our overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith-Di

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Room Tip: new beds, clean carpet, clean bathrooms, ashtrays outside the sliding doors (you can open from the o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank 325Nicole
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We are from Melbourne, Australia. My Eldest son got married to a local girl from Manukau city. We found Allenby Park Motel centrally located to all our requirements & needs. We hired the Family room plus 2 Studios as well. The decoration for the Wedding couple on their wedding nite was nice. We had a enjoyable & memorable stay. Highly recommended. Thanks so much from the SHARMA family Melbourne

Room Tip: Family room has everything
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HRSharma
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I had booked the reservation through AA website and accidently I had booked it for the 3rd instead of the 4th. When I reached the hotel the lady informed me about my mistake and that is the time I realised that I had no booking there. I had no extra money on me and I had tears in my eyes as I was returning from Wellington from a funeral and had to spend that night in Auckland so that next morning I could go back to Tauranga. She saw me crying, she made me sit gave me a glass of water and said let me see what I can do for you. She called the AA customer service booking centre and informed them my mistake and requested them to change the date for me. It took her 40 min to sort this out for me she had to speak to 2-3 different people and finally she could let me in and gave me the room keys. "Wonderful lady with a lovely smile and excellent customer service" You are a nice person THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Room Tip: I would suggest everyone to say here.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Judy L
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were travelling from Coromandel and really had a long day travelling from 6am until 4pm . Needed a room to sleep in. We found this hotel on the internet and just decided to walk in. The lady and the man at the reception gave us an extreme warm welcome. Our room was spacious enough for the two of us. Even though the carpet was not too good but the room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the car park was right in front of our room and the staff was always ready to help with a smile. Its a good value to money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We were booked in on a cricket trip so had a large group. The hotel was run down with masking tape holding the hall carpet together, patches along the hall walls and when it rained it leaked badly, causing the carpet in the hall to get wet and then stink! Our room itself was fine - it was fairly spacious (we were in an executive room) but the shower was like stepping into a submarine and was very small. You could see it was in need of a makeover but the present owners are just doing the minimum. We had a problem in that the family room we booked had only 4 plates etc and we were trying to feed 12 boys, We were told we were not to take plates from other rooms and they refused to give us extra plates - told us to buy disposable ones! There was also no sharp knife or fish slice, so fairly difficult from a catering point of view. We also had a problem with the internet - two of us purchased data from the hotel and it did not work - very frustrating when trying to get work done. In the end one of the parents ended up in the public library where he could get internet access! The lady at reception was helpful and friendly which slightly made up for the problems along the way.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RaccaTK
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The rooms look quite good on the internet website but are actually out of date. Also had hair from somebody on the bed so not sure if we got clean, unused bedsheet. The whole hotel needs a bit of an overhaul. Booked it through asiarooms website where it was written that airport shuttle is included but it was not which made the stay even more expensive since we had to pay 35 NZD for the taxi. Would rather stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank airbus100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manukau
Manukau Motor Lodge
Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel
Naumi Auckland Airport
Naumi Auckland Airport
#8 of 23 in Mangere

Been to Allenby Park Hotel? Share your experiences!