“Better than I expected”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Manukau
Sydney, Australia
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night as I had to work nearby the next morning.
My work had arranged the accommodation, and because we were flying in after business hours, the hotel was advised we would be checking in late. When we arrived there was a note on the reception door with my name on it, but when I took it, the hosts came running and greeted me, even thought it was close to 10pm!
They were extremely friendly and welcoming. They took us up to our room (studio) and it was better than I expected. It was very clean and well equipped, and not as small as I was anticipating. It was the perfect location for me as I was working the following day, but also just down the road to cafe's and eateries. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed with an older relative in a 2 bedroom unit. The unit was well maintained, clean, spacious with a well provisioned kitchen. Close to Botany Downs for a quick meal or shopping and other attractions in Manaukau. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Kurranulla
Auckland
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Personally I felt the room was expensive, it was looking a bit tired. The location was good for us. It was close to Botany Downs if we had wanted to go shopping.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank George C
Auckland
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Dannemora Motor Inn is a well presented, well equiped spacious motor inn. I had a group of 13 people stay for 2 weeks on a job in Auckland. All rooms were tidied very well daily, and all staff were treated well by the friendly hosts. Our team were very complimentary in regards to the presentation and fitout of the rooms and thoroughly enjoyed their stay.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the reception are the quietest
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick T
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The units were clean and looked well kept on arrival.
Stefan, the manager was helpful when approached for anything.
The only issue was the lack of a working cable tv and hearing all the neighbours' activities (toilet humour, someone had a nasty cough etc)! Although I am sure that they heard our at times noisy kids and shouting parents!

• Stayed February 2012
DMIStefan, Manager at Dannemora Motor Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thanks for your comments Anna.
We'll be checking that all TVs are tuned correctly to all available channels.
Its a shame your neighbour's noisiness disturbed your stay.
We thank you again for your feedback.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Firstly, the SKY TV did not work properly (stuck on menu page). Offered to fix it for them free of charge (having a working background in broadcasting with the BBC, amongst others), only to find that the technical setup was such a shambles that I didn't want to touch it for fear of making it any worse than it already was...

Secondly, rolled over in the night to find myself getting pronged by a three pin mains plug from the electric blanket, UNDER THE SHEETS! In the middle of the bed! Called housekeeping immediately, only to be replied with "Oh well, not a major - We'll sort it out in the morning, Goodnight"... WHAT THE...???

Thirdly, upon waking eventually and going for a shave and shower, discovered that there was no plug for the sink in the bathroom, so I had to get a small dish from the kitchen area to block the plughole just so I could have a shave without the water draining away!

Finally, and to top it all off, the 'host' / 'manager' turns up at 10.30am and throws me out, because I complained too much!!! Even though I had booked the place for 2 nights so I could enjoy the opening of the Rugby World Cup, on SKY which did not work...

...and I'm $195 lighter for the privilege.... What a RIP OFF!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Dom R

Travellers are raving about these Manukau hotels

kiwi
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The most noisiest motel I have ever stayed in. Yes we were expecting street noises due to proximity of major road. Boy racers, sirens etc but we were not expecting to hear the bathroom activities of the people above & beside us. every-time they used the toilet we heard it all.. yes it all. tinkle tinkle, flush, wash hands. Absolutely unbelievable in a motel that is only a few years old. And as for the activity of those above us, we heard every foot step they took. God knows what they were doing to 12pm to be able to make that amount of foot steps in a small area. The bed was the most uncomfortable i have sleep in in a long time. it is steel frame and creaks every time you move. Thank god we did not have any "bedtime Fun". Hate to think the whole motel would hear us!!!! Can not believe they have such cheap beds in a 4 star motor inn. Obviously the people who rate these motels do not sleep in the units overnight. Would rate this motel as 3+ at the most.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank neatsKiwi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manukau
Botany Motor Inn
Allenby Park Hotel
Allenby Park Hotel
#5 of 6 in Manukau
Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Dannemora Motor Inn? Share your experiences!