“Really very good accommodation”

Manukau Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Manukau
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was really pleasently surprised!
Great room, big enough and nicely decorated.
Great kitchenette, had very thing I needed for food preparation for my week-long stay.
Excellent free wifi in the room.
Excellent location for shops, restaurants, attractions.
Extremely helpful reception staff - all friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble for them/
Overall very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
TeamManukau631, Guest Relations Manager at Manukau Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hello there, i am glad and very happy that you enjoyed the stay and service with Manukau Motor lodge. We're happy that you had a good stay at our motel and are pleased that you found your unit clean as we do like to maintain high standards of cleanliness. Also you mentioned about motel being close to restaurants and attraction we are well known for that as we are plotted right in the middle of Manukau city , thank you so much for taking the time to compliment about our motel,hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Booked this last week over the phone. Got the last room for the night. It was a nice stop. Close to countdown across the road. Had a great sleep. Staff very nice. But boy do I feel bad. I went to the office just before I left in the morning to get a lovely girl to help zip me up as My zipper on my dress was getting stuck. Was so pleased to get this fixed I FORGOT and left without PAYING !!!!!. Never have I done this. On my way back home it suddenly hit me . So I quickly pulled over in my car and phoned them. They were so understanding and thanked me for phoning. Luckily they had my credit card details. I did feel awful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fiona K

"We do go extra mile for customers" ,Yes we are plotted right in the middle of Manukau City, 2min walk to PaknSave 1min walk to CountDown which is across from us with lovely restaurants that can be walking distance. Dont feel bad at all, we are glad you had a great sleep and enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

As a frequent traveler, I don't like to have a lot of "issues" arising at places I stay. And there were a number here. First off, there's no aircon at this hotel, so I turned on the ceiling fan. It was noisy, so I asked for another fan, and one was brought in immediately. Fair enough. Next, some guests and their friends sat on the porch ouside my room. Some were smoking, and the smoke came into my open window. I went out to dinner, assuming they'd be gone in two hours when we got back. They weren't. I asked the manager to disputed them, and he did, but then I was worried one of them would key my car. (None did.). In the morning, incredibly, they were back! Talking and smoking. I didn't complain, just kept my window and door shut, packed, and left. Last was noise. The hotel is on a busy street, but I was told the room I got would have no street noise. It was largely true, but not entirely.

My room cost $153 for the night. For that amount, I expected no problems at all, and that's certainly not what I got.

Stayed: February 2014

Apology for your stay with Manukau Motor Lodge , i can say that we do have high quality security around the motel from all four corners , manager is on look out 24-7 for the safety of our guest not only we take pride of our motel but we also take inconsideration for our customers safety . As for our (noise control) Manukau Motor Lodge is actually situated in the love heart (Manukau City) We are near to local shopping centers,restaurants,shopping malls and event center, i believe we can not control the traffic noise but we have put double glaze windows and also Concrete walls. We believe our place is much quieter then other place, We hope to see you next time have a great day.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We flew home from overseas and decided to stay a day in Auckland to let the kids have a day at Rainbow's End. It was a really good decision to stay at the Manukau Motor Lodge. First they put us in contact with a taxi van driver who picked the six of us at the airport with all our luggage and took us to the motel for a very reasonable fee, and then picked us up the next day and returned us to the airport for our flight home. They were happy to store our large amount of luggage while we played at Rainbow's End for the day. From the motel both the Westfield Mall and Rainbow's End are a convenient short walk, as are Pak n Save supermarket and a decent Asian food court.

The staff here are very welcoming and helpful. We were in a family room which had a queen size bed and a single bed upstairs, and a single bed and a fold out double sofa bed downstairs. The room was clean, with plenty of pillows, blankets, towels etc etc - which a family of six appreciate! The soundproofing from neighbours was very good, although being near the airport you are on the flight path.

I would really recommend this motel to anyone who needs to overnight for an airport connection or who, like us, wants to break the journey home with a theme park visit.

Room Tip: We were in room 12 which is quite a way away from the main road. If possible ask for the furthest r...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review we appreciate it, we are glad you and your family enjoyed the family room unit (two story unit) Room 12 is one of our popular rooms. Our taxi driver which is James is a good friend of our's and he gives the best discounts glad enjoyed our service hope to see you again and family . take care Manukau Motor Lodge

Guest Relative Manager

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Caught the train from Wellington to Auckland then a bus to the motel, dropped off at the door. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Kids loved the pool and free spa. Gave us extra towels for the pool. Location was brilliant with heaps of takeaway places and restaurants within five minutes walk max. $27 for taxi to airport, cheap. Three minutes walk to Westfield Mall. Had a great two storied unit which was fun. Very clean. Shower pressure awesome. Stored all our suitcases for us the next day for free while we went to Rainbows End, only ten minutes (or less) walk away. Recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

AGAIN we like to make our GUEST feel comfortable and happy , "NO STRESS" glad you were happy with our service, i hope you and your family had a great stay with Manukau Motor Lodge and hope to see you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return. As we were on a budget the location to supermarkets and the dishwasher in the rooms when doing our own cooking was great. With the new kitchen in the two bedroom unit making cooking a breeze. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie B
TeamManukau631, Guest Relations Manager at Manukau Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Hi there Jackie, thank you for your review responds we are so happy to know that u enjoyed your stay with Manukau Motor Lodge, yes supermarkets has always been a issue for some motels and hotels as guest like to shop "makes life easy" we are happy that we are plotted in the middle of grocery shops and also a west field mall WHICH IS just around the corner from us. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN

KINDLY
guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 29 June 2013

greeted with a warm welcome from your host's, prepared to go that extra mile to accommodate your request or needs that you might have.
your accommodation is really nice and cater's for most need's,they have a spa that's complimentary a sauna for a small charge and a swimming pool.
they will also bring your breakfast to your room for the time you request and your cooked breakfast is brilliantly cooked.
the plane's didn't worry me for it's not like every 5 minutes, the traffic isn't a real problem either.
next door to westfield shopping center you have pak n save behind and countdown and other little shop's across the road.
for the family's it's walking distance to rainbow's end (600 metres) down the road.
you have restaurants and sport's bar's all in walking distance as well.
bronco's steak house is real value for money as well that's about 300-400 metres down the road.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Hi there Tony
Thank you for taking the time to write a review we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Manukau Motor Lodge. It's great to hear that Many thanks for your review. Yes guests often comment they wish they had stayed longer and often do if they are able to return to Auckland.We are well known for Shopping malls, restaurants, attraction to be walking distance as taxi these days taxi charge so much for short distance. "we love to go extra mile for our guest" and also like to make our guest feel comfortable and valued for there time and money, I hope to see you soon for now take care and have a wonderful day.

Jolene

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manukau
Allenby Park Hotel
Oakwood Manor
#13 of 23 in Mangere
ASURE Camelot Arms Motor Lodge
Proximity Apartments Manukau

Been to Manukau Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!