“Would not bother with staying a night here again, can't comment on the food.”
Review of Bridgehouse Lodge

Bridgehouse Lodge
Ranked #7 of 20 Warkworth B&B and Inns
Auckland
“Would not bother with staying a night here again, can't comment on the food.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Booked out the function area for a day and a half meeting and several rooms for an overnight stay however we did not bother to stay for dinner after the manager was rude. We were told we were not allowed to have afternoon drinks in the function room, which was fine, so we offered to pay corkage and were abruptly told its 'Fifty bucks a bottle corkage'. We quickly left and found a great little cafe a couple doors down who even agreed to open early for us the following day for breakfast.
Not all of our rooms had been serviced with towels and one of the rooms even had all the previous occupants' empty coffee and sugar packets still there.
When we requested towels we were given towels but no bathmat or face cloth as we hadn't specifically requested those...

The beds were fine enough but the whole experience was really overshadowed by how rude and unaccommodating the manager was considering we'd booked out nearly all of the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for one night after seeing Whangarei Falls and Bay of Islands. The room was comfortable, basic but very clean and exactly what we needed for a one night stopover. The restaurant though was just gorgeous! It was very wintery - lights and lovely decorations and a wonderful atmosphere. We were there on a Saturday and the place was packed - no surprise with the great service and food to match.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamilton
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here just one night and just had to observe either they want to be in the accommodation business or stick to what they do best- the restaurant and bar.
I phoned first but when I arrived the young man was just to busy to deal with me but silly me agreed to take the room on offer. Had dinner and drinks in their lovely bar which have to say was excellent but once back to the room it went downhill. I guess what they need to evaluate is that the offer no service to paying guests, no breakfast available and in the morning no where to hand key into, reception area all locked up. Payment was collected at booking in time and no way I was able to charge my meal to my room, annoying. T V remote didn't work and in the middle of winter rather a cold experience ! Sorry guys not good enough for the rate charged, I won't be back except to eat in your lovely bar, hopefully I will find a good motel or such handy. An interesting answer to the question regarding breakfast " oh there are plenty places that might be open in the morning " hmmm might was not what I was looking for. !

Room Tip: None, don' t chose any
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Warkworth hotels

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night recently on the recommendation of Jo at the ISite information centre Warworth(who also booked for us). I have to agree with the previous reviews, it is nothing flash but if you are only staying for one night it is well located close to the centre of town. We dined in the Shark Bar and had Lamb Shanks, they were the best I have ever had the meat just fell off the bone. If they were to do the rooms up a bit they would be very good, the only plus was the very large TV on the wall. Other than that the room is very poor.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Warkworth, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We take overseas visitors to the Bridgehouse for a meal and there is always a friendly pub atmosphere .
Our waiter for the evening was Daniel and he was charming. In fact, we are always impressed by the staff.
The food selection had something to please anyone. I had the Morrocan lamb salad and my companions had steak. We were all happy. The wine selection is good too.
I have reviewed this Lodge before and love it's riverside setting and decor.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2013

1 star (pub accomidation) 2 / 10.
Placed conviently between the pub and police station.It looks prety from the outside and is convienient to what is quite a nice town. It is vey cheap.
Minin Bar did not work , extractors in bedroom removed no heat. No fan , no Air conditioning. Only has a small off peak hot water tank so shower quickly.
Looks like it's set up for cold weather so might be better in winter.
Car park is full of pub patrons 6-10 pm , so you'll be on the dirt in the enpty lot behind it.
We booked for 3 people and only got a twin set of towells , dishes etc.

Room Tip: Avoid in summer. Locals say avoid on weekends.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2013

When I first drove up to the Hotel, my immediate thought was, great location, lovely pub...When I saw the room, I really had to laugh. Judging by the decor this place has not had a cent spent on it for at least 50 years. The tiniest bath and shower cubicle I had even seen and I could smell the mould in the cracks yuk. I am sure it was built for a hobbit (not sure if their feet would fit in though). The whole room was quite drab and depressing. They had not even bothered to get a remote control for the tv. The staff quaters were above my room and the floor creacked most of the night, some drunk tried to get into my room with his key. Very clean comfortable bed, lovely beer garden on the river..

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warkworth
Warkworth Lodge
#1 of 20 in Warkworth
Annies B and B
Annies B and B
#2 of 20 in Warkworth

Been to Bridgehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!