All reviews bridge house local pub would stay again electric blankets comfortable bed lovely room stayed two nights free wifi good size lodge accommodation pillows cafes heater
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Bridgehouse Lodge is situated in the lovely town of Warkworth. The adjacent restaurant has great atmosphere where you can enjoy a nice pub style meal overlooking the Mahurangi River. As the lodge is one of Warkworth's original buildings, it offers budget minded accommodation of older style ensuite rooms with TV, fridge and it is very clean. We found it a good place to stay the night after having visited the gorgeous Tawharanui Regional Park and before visiting The Mansion House on Kawau Island. We would stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here one night. The room was fine, it had the usual coffee making facilities and was comfortable. It was a little noisy at night with the window open, but Pinot too bad. We ate in the restaurant//bar and the food was very good. The service was friendly and a good atmosphere in the bar. A good location on the river and nice to sit outside.

Date of stay: February 2014
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and had mixed feelings of the place. First the staff were very good and helpful. The restuarant was very good the food was fantastic and the staff again very good.
The room was large but was in need of some renovations but was clean and the bathrooms had been done up. I had booked for 3 days but stayed 4 so it was not that bad.
At $ 120per night - I think it was over priced - especially when we had stayed at Skycity and the Quest Rotorua the 4 nights before and they were 5 star for about $200 per night.
I would be careful to whom I recomended it to - fussy people may not be pleased.

Room tip: no air conditioners - summer could be a problem
Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for one night, I had a basic and clean room. It was fairly quiet so had a good sleep. Its probably price a little high for what you get. Check in the guy was very friendly and showed me to my room. Had dinner there as well, as I was dining on my own, it was a little hard to get service to begin with. The waitress seemed to walk past my table several times, so in the end I had to approach the bar to let them know that I was ready to place a order. The meal was lovely.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Booked out the function area for a day and a half meeting and several rooms for an overnight stay however we did not bother to stay for dinner after the manager was rude. We were told we were not allowed to have afternoon drinks in the function room, which was fine, so we offered to pay corkage and were abruptly told its 'Fifty bucks a bottle corkage'. We quickly left and found a great little cafe a couple doors down who even agreed to open early for us the following day for breakfast.
Not all of our rooms had been serviced with towels and one of the rooms even had all the previous occupants' empty coffee and sugar packets still there.
When we requested towels we were given towels but no bathmat or face cloth as we hadn't specifically requested those...

The beds were fine enough but the whole experience was really overshadowed by how rude and unaccommodating the manager was considering we'd booked out nearly all of the rooms.

Date of stay: August 2013