“Loved it”
Review of Reptile Park

Reptile Park
Ranked #10 of 27 things to do in Warkworth
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Absolutely loved this place. So many awesome reptiles to see =) Was worth the day trip there. Had a nice display of many exotic and native reptiles

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked via www.gobook.co.nz and got a discount.
Very large range of reptiles (and a few amphibians) on display.
Kids who love animals will spend 2+ hours walking around the steep and windy paths.
The park is certainly not Disneyland, is steep in parts but has a nice atmosphere and very helpful and interesting owners. I am thinking of bringing my kids back for a guided tour (which I am told costs $80). Bring your own food and drink or go up the road to Leigh for fish+chips later

My recommendation would be morning at Reptile part, drive to Leigh for lunch and then head to Goat Island Marine research center. Dec/Jan the drive is lovely with Pohutukawa trees in Christmas red.

Large display of chameleons of all sorts which are always a big hit with kids

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We visited with a young child. The glass cases were run down and shabby looking, it was very steep and slippery. There were lots of lizards and tortoises, an alligator and a lonely looking monkey. We wouldnt visit again.

1  Thank janmaddox
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I took my grandchildren there on the weekend. They love reptiles but....Not a lot to see, not easy to get around and very tired looking. No signs saying anything other than names. Supposedly a Tuatara but it was in an unnamed cage. From the reviews I had read it was steep so I had phoned ahead and was told it was easy except down to the Aligator (singular). The whole property is sloped and some of the sloping paths have very slippery gravel on them.
We travelled an hour from Auckland to see this. People expect some bang for their buck these days and $20.00 per adult is very expensive for what it is.

1  Thank chakendrick
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This place is fantastic for families of school age children. My kids and I thought it was amazing and the fact that is wasn't as 'polished' as most tourist attractions seemed to add to the fun. They loved exploring the bush tracks and finding all the animals in the varied enclosures. Master eight exclaimed that this place is "way, way better than Rainbow's End!". Recommend taking food/drinks (there is no café) and going on a fine day as the tracks are steep.

1  Thank Lisa C