“6 Dives - Waikato/Tui, Little Barrier & Hen and Chicks”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of New Zealand Diving

New Zealand Diving
Book In Advance
More Info
US$123.01*
and up
Private Full-Day Scuba Diving Charter to Goat Island Marine Reserve from...
Ranked #3 of 5 Tours in Warkworth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Auckland NZ & London UK
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“6 Dives - Waikato/Tui, Little Barrier & Hen and Chicks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was initially attracted to NZ Diving, based in Warkworth NZ, as they ran a promotional price for Horn Rock to see the hammerhead shark migration. Unfortunately because of weather and rescheduled times I was not able to make this dive, and they were excellent in working to find an alternative. Since the first dive with them I have done three trips and six dives with them. NZ Diving have their own 30ft semi-rigid inflatable, midnight diver, which they launch near the dive sites. This allows them to have a very low cost structure compared to some other operators, such as Poor Knights companies with large expensive cats. You accept that a trip out 45 mins is not going to be as comfortable, but the trip can be fun if a little challenging in rougher seas, and is fast and fun in good weather. The quality of equipment is excellent - new 7mm wetsuits, gloves available, good quality new regs and BCDs. Fins look OK but I take my own.
As with any diver operator, they have a large staff so I have met and gone out with around 7 people from NZD and enjoyed talking with all of them. Neil is excellent, and kindly sent me a picture of myself entering the bridge of the Waikato frigate taken with his professional kit. In my trips I have found the staff professional, even forbidding a second dive to someone who had broken their ascent rate (this type of thing and not doing safety stops I have seen many other operators turn a blind eye to. I won't dive a second time with people like that.)
I am an advanced PADI diver with around 75 dives. NZ Diving is excellent value, dive great locations and have good hire kit. I will dive the Canterbury and other locations with them this year if I get a chance.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank 90s

Auckland Region, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“awesome diving trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

great dive trip and dive master, really enjoyed the experience, we were lucky to see whales and dolphins off little barrier island

Visited March 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dive at Goat Island”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My partner and I were reasonably new to scuba diving; having received our Open Water Diver certification a few months ago, we were a bit apprehensive at first, and this information was passed on to the company at the time of booking (a month and a half before scheduled trip). We were slightly disappointed at the lack of structure and professionalism shown by the company and staff. Our first dive guide was very helpful and friendly, and the other one (also the skipper) not so much. We had a bit of trouble with the gear to start off with, particularly with the weighting. It was suggested by the skipper that perhaps we should just give up because "other people have paid for dives too", and normally this is a fair enough comment, however as we were the only people who paid extra for a dive guide and other people seemed quite comfortable with the equipment, I found this unacceptable. I suggest that if the company finds it troublesome to take amateur divers, then perhaps this can be mentioned at the time of booking. Once we got the hang of it, our second dive was much better so overall we still had a great day.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Mimi Y
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Knights with NZ Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

My trip with NZ Diving was at Poor Knights, one of the best places to dive in the world apparently. I was and still am new to the diving experience and did not expect a lot. 2 days and 2 nights on a boat with 8 people, well that is going to be interesting.
But after doing the trip i can honestly say it is worth doing and I would do it again. The dive instructor from NZ Diving, Katie, is well experienced and looks after everyone, she helps you a lot to achieve what you wanna achieve. So for me as a new and fresh diver that was a good.
Without experience this dive was safe and amazing. The water at Poor Knights is deep blue with a visibility of 20m and clean. We have seen stingrays, big snappers, eels, stone fish and a lot more of smaller fish i am not sure what the names are. But one of the biggest advantages of this trip with NZ Diving is the fact that they work with a friend together who is the skipper of the boat. He is also a passionate diver with ober 700 dives of experience. He knows the best dive sights and has been working with NZ Diving for a long time. So he knows the islands and has great insights where to go, also he is a great cook so nobody has to go hungry.

So my trip with NZ Diving is an experience i will hopefully do again.

Visited April 2013