Whangateau Holiday Park
TripAdvisor
Annies B and B(Warkworth)
  • Breakfast included
Nancy's Garden(Warkworth)
Warkworth Lodge(Warkworth)
Tawharanui Lodge(Warkworth)
  • Beachfront
Mahurangi Olives(Warkworth)
Sandspit Lodge(Warkworth)
Agoda.com
All reviewsholiday parkgreat spotcamp groundexcellent facilitiesgoat islandsaturday morningmatakana marketlow tidewater activitiesdisabled showerunder coverlovely weekendnoise curfewsafe placefamily campgroundbunk bedspaddle boarding
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We turned up in the evening with no booking and with 2 campers, we were delighted to get 2 lovely spots right on the beach. It was out of season and I can see it is a popular family campsites but as 2 couples traveling we found it lovely and tranquil. I would highly recommended and come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
whpark, Front Office Manager at Whangateau Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We hope that you will be able to come and see us again in your travels.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had always enjoyed staying at this site, especially as we enjoy the outdoors and what the surrounding area has to offer. On our last visit we booked and paid in full for 8 nights. The weather in early Feb was atrocious, miserable and extremely windy. We decided after 4 nights of very high winds, this was no fun and we would head home. On our departure were informed at reception that they would not refund us for the 4 nights we had paid in advance, "Council policy". Sorry this doesn't wash with us. Commonsense tells us that surely in the interests of goodwill and the fact that visitors like us go there frequently they would come to the party with even part of a refund or offer us 4 nights in lieu sometime in the future, but no, nothing. Lesson learned. Our message to others is just pay as you go and don't be too eager to pay ahead.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwi15

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry we are unable to refund due to bad weather. This is a standard policy and is outlined in our confirmation emails that we send out. We are happy for our guests to book and pay as they go but cannot guarantee the same site will be available every night. We hope that you will still consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I recently spent 2 nights camping. As a single woman on my own I felt quite safe. Very relaxing couple of days, close to places of interest when I felt like going. Everything was very clean. Great shower for 50c. I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sue S

Thank you for your nice feedback. We really look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here a few weeks back over Waitangi day in my campervan. I had booked a powered waterfront site which was really stunning! The staff were really friendly and the facilities were second to none. The following day my van broke down and I had to get it towed. I explained my dilemma to the staff, who were so accommodating. I am very appreciative of their kind and understanding nature. Great place to stay. I highly recommend it

Room Tip: waterfront powered sites are gorgeous
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for submitting such nice feedback. We are very happy that you had a good experience at our Park and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Spotlessly clean. Friendly staff. Quiet and close to the water and to all the areas of interest in that part of the world, which is well worth a visit. We enjoyed the Matakana market on Saturday morning. Only one comment, would have loved a sink in the cabin.

Room Tip: Some of the caravans owned and operated by the park are right on the water. We stayed in a cabin that was back from the water but near to the toilets. But would try for a right on the water spot next time.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. Most of our accommodation is 'camping accommodation' so sharing the facilities with the campground. We do have self contained units if you would prefer for next time you stay. We look forward to seeing you again.