Nice place to stay. The lounge makes itall worth it when the weather closes in. The rooms and facilities are ok, but feel like they have just had the minimal overhaul when they were renovated. Having a room with a bath is well with the extra after a day on the snow. Service could be a little friendlier. Overall nice place to stay, close to whakapapa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park