Had a great time here, slept 5 in our room, several restaurants (good food), buffet breakfast. Drying facilities for wet ski gear, they'll store your baggage on the day you check out so you can ski the full day.
Kids loved it, one of those grand old hotels with high ceilings and fantastic views from the public lounge. Small but unique swimming pool -kids had to swim there it looked so cool.
Rooms were very warm, took us a while to figure out how to turn down the heating.
Car parking was the only negative --they do not have enough parks. We did not want to park on the road with all our ski gear etc . We invented an unofficial parking spot in their parking area, hotel staff did not complain thankfully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park