From the moment we stepped off the Train in National Park, the staff took great care of us. After a short shuttle ride we checked in and immediately felt at ease. Highlights: Of the Chateau: Out Room, Backgammon in the Lounge, Snooker (we were rookies, but the bartender took care of us), Lounge Bar (Classic cocktails with a Feijoa twist - sours and mules), Pia Hanga, overall ambiance, staff. Of the Area: Although a rainstorm a few days before our arrival melted most of the snow, there were plenty of things to keep us busy. We had great weather for short treks around. Silica Rapids should not be missed. Taranaki Falls was flowing full after the storm. These offered great well-maintained tracks with opportunities for some great views. The Department of Conservation Visitor Center holds some excellent displays - and don't pass up the short videos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park