I cannot understand how so many people object that this is not a five star place. It has no five star prices either-rather three star ....I had a lovely corner room with lots of view in the first floor of the main building. The room was very clean and very comfortable.
Service was very friendly-being a solo traveling female you really appreciate that.
I mainly dined in the café-the food was nice and fresh.
What I really loved was the great lounge -when I came home from my hikes and after having a bath I could spend some time watching the ever changing view of Mt Ngauruhoe while having a drink and reading. Feeling very much beginning of the last century which added to the charm.
You will not find another place from which you can do so much without extra transport. i hope I can come back some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park