We arrived early so drove up to the mountain ski resort only to find no snow but rows of idle snow-making machines!! So back to the hotel and a very pleasant room with good views of the distant mountain ranges. The hotel was originally built by the government to entertain foreign dignitaries, not something you expect to find in the middle of nowhere. We had booked dinner which could have been a problem as the code is jacket and tie!! but they managed to overcome their prejudice in favour of customer relations and we had a very pleasant meal. Overall an interesting if somewhat quaint experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park