We loved the atmosphere of Chateau Tongariro. We arrived in the evening with a large tour group. The staff were friendly and efficient and checked us in remarkably quickly. Our room in the new wing was luxurious with the added touches of heated towel rails and heated bathroom floor. Dinner in the dining room was delicious. We found the atmosphere in the huge lounge warm and inviting sitting besides the fireplace despite the harsh winter conditions outdoors. The next morning, breakfast included yummy warm porridge as well as the usual cooked breakfast.
All in all a wonderful experience. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park