My partner and I stayed three nights. Rooms were cosy and clean. But loud at night! Restaurant food was top notch. Nice evenings sitting by the fire with a glass of wine after a day snowboarding! Great location for travelling only 10 mins up the mountain. All staff were very helpful and sorted our shuttle easliy for us stress free stay. The only down point for us would have to be the spa, bottom of the spa was filled with grit and small area to try and get changed etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park