We stayed in one of the queen ensuite rooms. The rooms themselves were nothing flash, although they did have a nice porch and a beautiful view of the park. All in all though, we got a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed, in a warm room without hearing everything the neighboring guests were talking about.
The restaurant however, served the most amazing food. I guess it is possible that we were somewhat biased, as we had just done the round-the-mountain walk, and so hadn't eaten a full meal for 5 days, but I swear it was easily comparable to the Chateau's meals, at half the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park