My husband and I stayed in the Loft room at Hillsfield House for two nights. Woe that our stay couldn't have been longer! We have stayed in many B&B's in our travels, and Jo and Steve's place is at the top of the list. A few things we liked about it:
- Optimal location for wine tasting. A dozen wineries are easily within a 10 minute drive, including well-known Cloudy Bay and Villa Maria, along with boutique operations like Gibson Bridge
- Luxurious space. Our room was tastefully decorated and had many small welcoming touches - a small vase of flowers with breakfast, locally-made herbal bath products, NZ wine-themed books
- The breakfast: tasty, more than enough food. We had brought a lot of fruit with us, so we didn't partake in the fruit plate, but the fresh croissants and jams were delicious.
- The animals! If you want to feed the friendly alpacas and miniature horses, just ask! And if you're not an animal lover, you wouldn't even know they are nearby.
- Jo and Steve: very welcoming, lovely hosts. It's nice to meet good people, and they obviously have put a lot of thought and care into their two units. They make every effort to make your stay memorable.
Four thumbs up from this couple!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After months of building work, the renovations have finally finished and as of 1st January 2017, our beautiful Courtyard Cottage will be open once again to welcome new friends and make lasting memories. Thank you for your patience, everyone. The Courtyard Cottage is a peaceful, rural, self-contained hideaway, aptly named as it is found nestled in a pavilion, separate to that of your hosts, with a private entrance all of its own so you can make yourselves at home and come and go as you please. Tastefully and elegantly furnished, The Courtyard Cottage boasts a cosy lounge and dining area on the ground floor, along with a country-styled kitchenette, overlooking a sheltered garden filled with roses and lavender. Upstairs, a romantic master bedroom awaits you with a four poster bed, quality brocade bed linen and its own bathroom, stocked with beautiful hand-made soaps and bath toiletries, by Jeymar Soap & Body. Allow yourselves to indulge and be pampered, and awaken each morning to a continental breakfast served in your room at a time of your choosing, to suit your relaxation or travel plans. Alternatively, if preferred, we can bring you a basket of breakfast goodies the night before, to be enjoyed in the morning, at your leisure. During your stay, if the idea of gently cruising around Renwick's gorgeous boutique cellar doors takes your fancy, where you can take your time to delight in seasonal fare and some of the tastiest wine you could ever hope to try, we would love to make it happen for you. Here, you will find yourselves right in the heart of Marlborough's wine region and so our package also includes a complimentary bike tour with Wine Tours by Bike where you will have over a dozen or more cellar doors and restaurants to choose from, all within easy cycling distance away, via flat roads and bike paths and we promise you don't need to be super fit or confident on a bike to reach them. We very much look forward to seeing you. Steve and Jo ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hillsfield House Bed and Breakfast Marlborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillsfield House Bed And Breakfast Marlborough Renwick, New Zealand