“Must Return!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Renwick
Clouds Luxury House
Ranked #5 of 8 Renwick B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Must Return!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Like the reviewer before me, I should have left this review long ago. My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a night at Clouds luxury in the middle of our 2 week trip to New Zealand. We stayed the evening of Easter Sunday and had we known what kind of experience we would have, we would have planned to stay much longer. Sandra and Bill were extremely hospitable, and made us feel like family from the moment we walked in the door. We had been traveling the entire day and got in just before dinner time. We were not sure what we were going to do for dinner as there was an airshow in town and many of the restaurants were booked full. Fortunately for us, Sandra invited us to share a home cooked meal. The portions were ample, the food was delicious, but easily the best part of the meal was the company. Along with an Australian couple staying the night, we were thoroughly entertained through dinner and desert. The next morning we awoke to one of the best sunrises we've ever seen. A beautiful scene from the balcony of our room! Breakfast was excellent. The house was beautifully styled and has excellent views of the surrounding vineyards and mountains.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed with Sandra and Bill during my honeymoon in January 2013. I really can't believe it has taken me this long to write a review because honestly I think about how wonderful the 4 days/3 nights we spent there were - they were really the highlight of the honeymoon (and we did the ENTIRE south island, so...it's not like this was it!). We were there for the Marlborough Food and Wine Festival - which could have been chaotic, but it was so relaxing. I left there feeling like I was related to Sandra and Bill! They were truly family - I know it was only 4 days, but Mike feels the same way.

The house is lovely - in the middle of a vineyard - but that isn't why I love this place. The rooms are spacious (the bathrooms are AMAZING - so big) and comfortable. But honestly, it's the company! Sandra and Bill are both hilarious and have absolutely wonderful stories. Yes, as everyone has noted, Sandra is an excellent chef, but Bill is an excellent entertainer! I really wish I had a reason to head back to Marlborough as I know anytime spent at Clouds is guaranteed to be exciting, memorable, and a foodie's dream. Can't say enough good things.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Ampthill
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Brilliant stay in a truly first rate luxury B/B. It is billed as Clouds Luxury House and that description is certainly true- sumptious luxury. Great views vineyards, mountains in all directions. Great hosts so informative, friendly and helpful. Food is fantastic, no problem with an early breakfast so we could get an early start to our day at Abel Tasman NP, our favourite activity in NZ.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We had a lovely 1 night stay at the Clouds Luxury House. It was the first night of our New Zealand adventure and set the tone for the rest of our amazing trip. The views from the house are stunning.

Our rooms were very nice, bed was very comfortable. The hosts are very friendly and welcoming. We got served delicious juice, sandwiches and biscuits when we arrived, which was great after our long drive from Christchurch. We were given a winery map and some great tips on which ones to visit.

Breakfast was delicious and filling and Sandra kindly gave us a hot cross bun and banana to take with us as we were hiking for the day.

A very cute cat also lives here I wanted to take him with me.

Thanks for a lovely stay and for your hospitality. Can't fault this accommodation.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
West Sussex
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We arrived in the afternoon to be welcome by Sandra at the door. Her warm welcome and hosting never stopped. We syated 2 nights and though initially felt we were a little bit far from town we realised what a gem we had found. We ate out the first night but we were overwhelmed with the breakfast the next day. We had booked to cycle round the vineyards and it was the only way to burn of the feast we had for our breakfast. If you need any food during the day ask to take some of Sandra's rather famous Banana bread with you to nibble on. The Kings suite was sumptious; the biscuits excellent; the shower room is huge and the view and serenity around us was stunning.

We booked for dinner with Sandra and Bill on the second night and what a feast. I had steak and my wife had salmon. During our 5 weeks in New Zealand this was one of the best meals we had. Normally Sandra and Bill will let you dine alone or with other guests but if you want a really great meal ask them to join you they were excellent company. Company like that makes a meal. We learnt about them, their lives and a little more about Moari customs (thanks for the Haka Sandra!).

Overall, if you want a little pampering and the motels are becoming dull, if you can push the boat out and want to feel enveloped in luxury then head to the clouds!

Great hosting, great food and great people

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2013

First of all let us both say this to the 'Hosts of the Year', Sandra and Bill... Thank you and Bless you both and bless your home that gave both my husband and I such an overwhelming feeling of healing and peace. You both embraced us with such care and wonder, we both so needed after a very very tiring, working, busy year in Melbourne! Thank you for Freddie's meditative wander around us whilst walking the grounds of The Clouds:)!

...My husband and I spent our wedding anniversary, a night in the King Superior Suite at The Clouds Luxury House, and yes AMAZING GRACE!!!!! Sing again... AMAZING GRACE!!!!

Read and weep if you haven't gone already :)!! We arrived to Sandra's beautiful welcoming! She showed us to our Amazing Room!! Panoramic views of lakes and vineyards, oyster bay, mud house and st Clair Pinot !!! AHHHHHH I wanted to scream:)! Sandwiches, plunger coffee, cherries, chocolates upon arrival!! Real true kiwi home baked cookies!! My husband and I fought for ! I hid the jar for the next day only to forget to take the rest:(!
The bath with a spectacular vineyard view!!! The shower house, house I repeat!! Wow it could fit a family!! Vineyard views from the shower house!!! Luxury!! And the house all of it beautifully designed, luxurious!!
Dinner was just superb !!! Sandra cooks wonderfully and Bill a great host, nearby to make sure our drinks/wines were topped. Scrummy scrumptious food, eye fillet steak, salmon, charred sausages, hot potatoe bacon creamy salad, avocado green salad, buttered corn on the cob, crunchy well toasted garlic bread to die for!!! We were just in awe, kicking each others foot under the table because we were sooo excited just to dig in, don't wait, but knew we had to hold our manners!!! Few reds loosened all of our spirits! We dined with another couple, Mum and daughter, what an absolute delight!!! And an interesting night learning lots about each other and listening to Sandra and Bills stories, all so knowledgable. Sandra offered late coffees and put chocolates on the table . The others wanted coffee, and Sandra came out with a tray and took it to their room, such a great retirement gesture:)!
The night ends and we can't stop talking about it in our King Superior Room, but we must shut eyes because we are excited about what the breakfast event will be????

Well Good Morning King and Queen!!!! That's what we felt like:)!!! Wow the breakfast table setting, white linen and silver, white chair covers, lovely everything!! Homemade muesli the best we have had in our lives, honestly, toasted to perfection, yogurt and cherries, plunger coffee teas, real orange juice, all spreads to delight, fresh fruit salad, freshly hot baked banana bread. My gosh it was mouth melting. I keep thinking about it:)! My husband just wanted to take rest for our drive!!! Sandra stands erect and posh offering us everything and anything, nothing is an issue. Eggs done anyway you wish, bacon, sausages, all the trimmings.!!

We feel our crowns and cloaks are lop-siding from the excitement of being King and Queen for the morning!!!!

If this isn't LUXURY, then what is in Renwick, Blenheim, NZ?

See it to believe it:)!!!

Thank you to you both dear Sandra and Bill ( my NZ birthday Twin!!:).

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Roberta255100
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Beautiful rooms, great food, charming hosts. This is a great venue for relaxing or a romantic weekend break, luxurious rooms with panoramic views and one of the best breakfasts around. High quality beds and a quiet location make for an excellent night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple