“Superb place to stay in the Marlborough Area”

Olde Mill House B & B & Cycle Hire
Ranked #2 of 9 Renwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed at Olde Mill House for one night as part of my "Road Trip" in South Island. I chose it because of the opportunity to do a wine tour by bike. The owners were extremely accommodating, and gave me a map and directions for the tour, as well as the bike and other equipment. Really hospitable, my room had a lovely view across the pretty garden towards Marlborough Sound. It was a quiet an peaceful location. The breakfast included home-made jams and preserves.

One thing that is worth noting is that there is not much choice in Renwick as far as evening meals are concerned. The best advice is to eat during the day at one of the winery restaurants, and then buy a snack to take back to the B&B in the evening. I was visiting in low season, which meant that the number of wineries doing food was limited, so I suggest planning in advance. Driving into Blenheim for food in the evening may not be attractive or even possible after drinking wine during the day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay here. It is vey central to Marlborough region vineyards and hosts were friendly and very helpful. Bed was comfortable and electric blanket and room heating very welcome. Breakfast is continental with good array of jams and spreads. Would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I highly recommend this extremely comfortable and relaxing accommodation right in the heart of the Marlborough region. The owners are very accommodating, very friendly and very helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and appreciate everything they did to make our stay memorable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Location is amazing for the wine country and the fact they give you complimentary bike hire (from a huge range of bikes) as part of your stay is an added bonus as it is by far the best way around the vineyards.

The couple who run the house are very welcoming and accommodating. For example we arrived very late on our first evening due to a delayed train and they were kind enough to wait up despite the antisocial hour.

Room was nicely decorated and had a lovely patio to sit out on in the sun with good views over into the hills. Overall a great base for our time in the district.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Very helpful owners who really want you to enjoy your stay, great rooms, clean, great nights sleep, great breakfast, excellent bikes to tour the region, good advice on what to do and just nice to talk to about life in New Zealand!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andyglasg0w
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights and were made very welcome. Very quiet location, close to Blenheim airport, in a beautiful garden setting, with views from our room. Enjoyed breakfast with home made jams, near the cosy fire. Next time, will have to try out the spa and perhaps the bikes, too. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I had a wonderful 4 night stay at the Olde Mill House. The owners were very friendly and flexible about my arrival time. They even helped me change my flat tyre! The bedroom was so comfortable with gorgeous attention to detail, and the breakfast was a home-style continental with home-made jams. I felt at home here.

Room Tip: I believe all of the rooms in the B&B would be of a high standard.