“Awesome B&B! Collin and Trish were wonderful”

Ropatini's Homestay B & B
Ranked #3 of 9 Fox Glacier B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Collin and Trish were awesome hosts. They made us feel comfortable and "at home". The food was spectacular and abundant! Don't plan on losing weight while on your stay. The rooms were very well appointed. I have traveled extensively around the world, I have stayed at fancier places, but I have never stayed at a place that made me feel more at home. These folks are the best. Absolutely no complaints

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike J
Allforonenoneforall, Owner at Ropatini's Homestay B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2015

Thank you for your review and for the kind words. It was a pleasure to share our "home" with you.
We really do enjoy having folks stay and it is great when they feel this. I'm sure you managed to work the food off during the rest of your travels. Hope to meet again sometime.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed at Ropatini's for a night in January of 2014, while making my way further south. Trish and Collin were wonderful hosts and made sure I was comfortable and well looked after. I've been to NZ twice now, and have stayed at multiple B&Bs, and theirs stand out because the owners are so nice and accommodating. The room was large and warm, had all of the necessities I needed to feel at home and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious.

Trish introduced me to her sheep - Clara, Blizzard, and (I forgot the name of the third one), and Collin taught me how to look for Jade along the beaches of the west coast. Of course I sucked at it and picked up anything that was green. They gave me a beautiful piece to take home as a souvenir. When I think back on my holiday, I always remember Ropatini's as one of the highlights of my trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessthegoddess

Hi and thanks for writing a review. I'm sorry I've taken so long to respond, Ive only just got my head around this thing. So happy hear you enjoyed your stay and i trust you still think warmly of us. A warm room awaits you next time you are over our way. All the best for 2015. Keep picking up stones, you never know what you may find.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Fox Glacier was my base on the month long trip to South Island as my son is working as a Guide on the Glacier. I was very wary leaving my 'Bear Grylls' type son to sort me out a place to stay.... I like a comfy bed, he sleeps in ice caves. However.... my faith is restored!
On my 4700km drive around the Island I stayed at everything from top hotels to Back Packers but I have to say the Homestay was my favourite and my stay at Ropatini's with Collin and Trish topped the lot. I stayed five says in total and it was as if I had known them for many years when it was time to go. They are easy to get on with and so very helpful. The accommodation was really very very good... lovely rooms, most en-suite, comfy beds, powerful showers and a great location.
My favourite part of the day was breakfast... a relaxed affair, cereals, fresh eggs, fruits, muffins, toast and more. It was the view of the mountains and meeting people from all over the world and we all had a story to tell or listen to. Much more enjoyable than a Motel room.
My hosts even helped me with my plans for my trip around the Island. Collin and Trish are perfect hosts who really enjoy what they do and that's what makes it a special experience.
I have only ever given 5 stars to two places I have stayed at, both top hotels, one in Scotland one in Niagara Falls... Collin and Trish thoroughly deserve my 5 star rating.
Lake Matheson is minutes away as is the Fox Glacier Town and Glacier itself.. you must see!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hi John. Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so glad to hear that we rate above an "ice cave" !! We so enjoyed our time with you (and Bear Grylls) and enjoyed all of your stories. It is exactly because of people like you that we do B&B. We so enjoy meeting people from all over the world and it makes us wish that we all lived closer rather than on oposite sides of the globe. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I've only just my head around this. We hope 2015 brings you all you are wishing for and hope ths Bear is doing fine and is happy. Please come back again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Our stay at Ropatini's was very memorable! Excellent help and advice on what to do. Breakfast was great and the shower was fantastic. Collin and Trish are very welcoming and interesting to talk to. The view was absolutely gorgeous, looking out at the mountains. I got to feed the chickens, collect the eggs and walk the sheep! What more could I ask?

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky G
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Ropatini's was one of the highlights of our 5-week, around-the-world trip. Collin and Trish could not be more inviting, conversational, creative, fun or helpful. The furnishings were superb and many handmade by Collin. Trish is a culinary queen beyond compare. The spirit after feasting was high enough one night to prompt vocal solos.

Collin and Trish please come stay with us in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. S�ren & Bonnie West

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Do not overlook this jewel of accommodation in Fox Glacier amongst the many motel and hotel signs . The setting is idyllic, with views of the peaks of Mount Cook, Tasman and Fox. Colin and Trish are friendly, welcoming and highly talented hosts, touch Colin's table and wood carvings and sample Trish's 'award winning' eggs for breakfast. Rospitinis is perfectly situated near the town centre, but with ample outdoor space. Surrounded by beautiful gardens, majestic mountains , evergreen Forrest's and such good people you breathe in wellness and leave with a sense of well being.
Linda and Michael Glasgow Scotland

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Linda K
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We were very pleased with our accommodation here and only wish our trip would have allowed us to stay longer. Best shower so far and big comfortable bed. Lovely views and location handy. Very quiet, We loved the animals. Could not get any mainstream channels on the TV but to be fair we didnt ask about it. Cabin well equipped including magazines. Hosts were most helpful and settled us in with a welcoming snack and recommendations for food and attractions. Wi-Fi signal fine in the external cabin for us. Breakfast plentiful and tasty.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 10 in Fox Glacier
Sunset Motel
Sunset Motel
#6 of 10 in Fox Glacier

Been to Ropatini's Homestay B & B? Share your experiences!