“The Best of Fifteen”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Reflection Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fox Glacier
Reflection Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Fox Glacier B&B and Inns
Ipswich, Australia
“The Best of Fifteen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Of the fifteen homestays I recently made in as many days, on reflection, Reflection Lodge with its vibrant hostess, Raelene, must be deemed to be number 1. From the moment I arrived to the moment I somewhat reluctantly departed I was made to feel so much at home enjoying not only the comforts of her beautifully maintained home and garden with its outstanding scenery but the presence of someone who was able to make a visitor from another country feel so much at home in her New Zealand........You are indeed a true ambassador for your country, Raelene.

Room Tip: Choose a small private establishment not a commercial one
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
reflectionlodge, Owner at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
With great delight I read this review and I am so happy that I was able to make your stay enjoyable and reflectionlodge will stay in your good memory corner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

If your travels take you to Fox Glacier I can highly recommend Reflection Lodge, We stayed there for only one night on a wet and dreary October day, but Raelene's welcome could not have been warmer. My wife and I had an excellent room with a very warm and comfortable bed and a very nice en suite. Our friend was travelling with us and he had a single room with a private shower.
We were only staying one night but Raelene made us feel right at home in the main living room/kitchen area and gave us some great insights into what to see in the area and when it looked like we might not get across Haast Pass and would be spending an extra day in Fox Glacier she told us to call and she would see what could be done about finding us accommodation. Luckily we did get across the pass a little later than we had hoped but we made it. I was new to the term Home Stay but it really describes the service that Raelene provides, she welcomes you into her home and treats you like friends - I can highly recommend Reflection Lodge.
I would be remiss if I did not also mention that she has access to the freshest local whitebait. Our friend who was traveling with us was from Wellington and he was ecstatic about the whitebait. Overall a tremendous experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
reflectionlodge, Owner at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for the lovely words . I also enjoyed every minute of your time with me at Reflection Lodge. so pleased you enjoyed the Whitebait and the surroundings In good West Coast weather
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Raelene looked after us so well. My two 15 year old boys and I felt welcome in Raelene's home. The facilities are great and the breakfast excellent. Could not have wished for a better stay. We were lucky to be there during the whitebait season and tasted the straight out of the river. Delicious. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms seem fine with good access to bathroom facilities
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
reflectionlodge, Owner at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for the lovely Review . I am so happy that I made your stay At Reflection lodge a enjoyable time .I also Enjoyed Your company very much .
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our host, Donna, was looking after the place in lieu of Raelene who was on fishing trip. Donna made us feel very welcome and we enjoyed staying there. Breakfast was nice: fresh eggs from the hens in the farm... yoghurt and orange juice and tea and jam/marmalade on toast.

The house is very likeable with lots of character and quirky antiques and a real fireplace... The rooms are comfortable and the gardens are so well kept and charming...

I noted the level of privacy here was not the same as other b&b's which have separate parts of the house for the host and for the guests; here Donna's room was connected to the same hallway as our guest rooms. Nonetheless our stay was superb and uninterrupted, I highly recommend this place if you are looking to stay at Fox Glacier, it is sublime.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
reflectionlodge, Manager at Reflection Lodge, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
thank you for the lovely review I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your time at ReflectionLodge
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Our host, Raelene, made us feel very welcome in her home. She has a beautiful view of Mounts Cook and Tasman. We enjoyed staying there. Nice cooked breakfast. Not much privacy, but it was an enjoyable stay nonetheless.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ancaster, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed for two nights in March at Raelene's beautiful home and five acre property with superb views of Mounts Cook and Tasman in the background. Conveniently located a five minute car ride from the very small town of Fox Glacier or Lake Matheson. We chose the room with the ensuite which was very clean and large with comfortable bed and sitting area and great views of the wonderful gardens. Guests have access to their own communal sitting room with big screen tv and movies. Raelene serves a wonderful cooked breakfast in the dining area with a huge picture window overlooking her pond and the mountains. Hope for a break in the clouds to see the sun shining on the glaciers and snow capped mountains which reflect onto the water in her pond. Best part of Reflection Lodge is Raelene's friendliness and hospitality. Sitting with her with a glass of wine in conversation about her family and life just added to the ambience of our experience. Highly recommended.

Rick and Ann

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rickandannt
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed 2 nights here. The house is beautiful and immaculately clean. Raelene offers relaxed hospitality. The window frames the mountain view perfectly. We were also instructed on the best places to eat in Fox. We got use of the wifi. The house is pretty quiet, but there is a helicopter place next door so there are copter comings/goings.
All in all I would thoroughly recommend Reflection Lodge as a wonderful place to stay in Fox.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Distinction Fox Glacier, Te Weheka Boutique Hotel
Lake Matheson Motel
Lake Matheson Motel
#1 of 10 in Fox Glacier

Been to Reflection Lodge? Share your experiences!