Arriving in Fox Glacier, the i was not open so we did our own interrogation of what was available with the help of Lonely Planet and the AA’s Guide. We visited 3/4 abodes but found the Westhaven Motel to be the ‘pick’. The Manager could not have been more welcoming and the room was very comfortable (large with King bed, light and good free wifi). Dinner that night was in the ‘saloon’, only yards from the Motel, and it was one of the best we’ve found in NZ. Next morning we drove up to Mathewson Lake for breakfast – yummy wild fruit and pancakes. In sum, for any visitor to Fox Glacier, you will get value for money at the Westhaven. High Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westhaven in Fox Glacier is located right in the heart of the Fox Glacier township. We are a modern stylish complex with 23 large studio units. Each room is self contained with private en suite bathroom with bath, shower and toilet. All rooms have a kitchenette which includes a fridge, microwave and kitchen appliances. Our beds are really comfortable, queen, king and super king beds are all available and all rooms have good heating, beds have electric blankets. We offer FREE internet access and have a guest laundry facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westhaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westhaven Hotel Fox Glacier
- Westhaven Fox Glacier
- Westhaven Hotel Fox Glacier