We stayed 2 nights at the Westhaven with kids aged 4 and 6. The room was clean, and opened onto a grassed enclosed area so if you're travelling with young kids that's a plus. Kitchenette had a fridge, kettle, plunger and supplies of tea, hot coco and coffee sachets, but there's no hotplate (or I didn't see one). The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. There's a laundry room that you can use free of charge (free washer; you have to pay $2 for 20 minutes of dryer use) and you can purchase detergent at the reception for $1 per sachet. Fox Glacier is very small so restaurants are within walking distance. Free wifi and there is a fairly good selection of DVDs available for loan from the reception, including a few kids movies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westhaven in Fox Glacier is located right in the heart of the Fox Glacier township. We are a modern stylish complex with 23 large studio units. Each room is self contained with private en suite bathroom with bath, shower and toilet. All rooms have a kitchenette which includes a fridge, microwave and kitchen appliances. Our beds are really comfortable, queen, king and super king beds are all available and all rooms have good heating, beds have electric blankets. We offer FREE internet access and have a guest laundry facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westhaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westhaven Hotel Fox Glacier
- Westhaven Fox Glacier
- Westhaven Hotel Fox Glacier