The staff were friendly and helpful. For the price of a 2 bedroom apartment it's not really worth it. The town puts up its prices because of its location and they can, so I guess it's not their fault, except for we didn't have any power in the bedrooms. They had already given it to us at discount price but then we found we didn't have the power they didn't offer to discount more. It made us feel that they already new but didn't tell us about it. But the rooms were clean an tidy, nothing special though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Matheson Motel is ideally located 400 metres from the town centre of Fox Glacier. While we have been proudly named after beautiful Lake Matheson for our 22 years in business, we are definitely a town based motel; while we are not on the edge of the Lake, we are only a ten drive away and the same for the Glacier. Our motto is 'simply nice'. This means we provide simple, clean and comfortable accommodation and focus on giving you good quality basics such as quality Sleepyhead beds, cotton linen, good showers, televisions and utensils. We have a 4 star grade with Qualmark. So come and enjoy our studio and 2 bedroom units, with mountain views, in a peaceful location. We have WIFI,undercover parking for all units, some spa units, King and Queen bed units, continental breakfasts, a portable BBQ and a Guest Laundry for your convenience. We hope to welcome you to Fox Glacier soon. Heather and Mike, Motel Managers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Lake Matheson Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Matheson Hotel Fox Glacier
- Lake Matheson Fox Glacier