“A must”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A must”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After climbing to see the glaciers this is a must in your holiday schedule. A short walk from our motel (Punga Grove) we had a relaxing time in the hot pools. Visually pleasing on the eye at night time with the staff eager to help. So don't forget to pack the swimmers even in winter. A great relaxing way to take the ache from those weary bones.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Babsy52

• Korean first
  • Polish first
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Very soothing and peaceful”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided last minute to come here and thank goodness we did!
As soon as you walk in your greeted with a smile.

We chose the private spa and it was worth every cent.

I highly recommend this to anyone who wants the privacy such as Muslim couples where the woman wears the scarf.
You are safe here. No one disturbs you and no one can see you at all..

Happy travels..

1 Thank Mouhamad I
Ontario, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great afternoon/evening in the winter!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The facilities were fairly clean and nice in the changing area. There were multiple pools with different temperatures and the environment was really natural and relaxing. I would prefer if children were not allowed as I do not feel this is a good activity for them and they were quite rambunctious in the pools. We had a free pass from our glacier trek and spent a few hours relaxing and warming up!

Visited June 2014
Manila
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Relaxing and perfect after climbing the glacier”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Entrance to the Glacier Hot Pools was included in the Ice Explorer trip of Franz Josef Glacier guides. I checked out the place before returning in the evening. You have to still wear your tag from FJG guides when you enter. Bathing suits and towels can be rented, the former are even sold. I brought my own towel and swimsuit. You can opt to pay for a locker or leave your belongings in one of the several boxes near the pool. There were three pools with the following temperatures: 36 C, 38 C and 40 C. I found the 38 C pool perfect that winter night. The pools looked more inviting as they were steaming in the evening. There were some areas of the pools were there were jacuzzi streams so I searched for them and stayed there. After about half an hour when my hands became wrinkled, I headed for the showers. There were more than enough but they run cold water and had no curtain. The toilets would be an option to change.

Recommended for those with free passes anyway.

Bristol
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked a private pool for the evening and it was so much better than I expected with its own private changing and shower facilities. Don't go expecting glacial water geothermally heated though!

Visited February 2014