“A return visit”

Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in Franz Josef
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Recently refurbished and re-named
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We first ate here a year ago almost and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Usually a return is not usually as good as the first impression but we felt it was worth a try.
We arrived rather early so decided on hot drinks first and returned later for lunch
The hot chocolate and Cappuccino were both hot and tasty and whilst waiting we re hydrated on the complimentary chilled water.
We revisited a couple of hours later for our lunch and ordered fish and chips and an Angus burger.
The blue cod was excellent, two decent sized pieces in a light crispy batter with perfectly cooked fish inside. the Angus burger was really tasty and good value for $12.50.
We will definitely return later in the year and enjoy the food and friendly service once again.
I had promised my wife fish and chips and it was well worth the drive from Nelson to enjoy The Full Of Beans cooking!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

A little pricey but this is a tourist destination so to be expected. Food and service were good, except towards the end of my meal when the waitress went around telling everyone they were closing in a half hour, and then shooed out potential customers, refusing to even make them a takeaway coffee. Meal was tasty though, free wifi very nice.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

After a fabulous stay at the Rainforest Retreat up the road, we were recommended that we visit this place for brekky.

I had the most delish homemade muesli while my two boys had the fluffy pancakes and my husband had eggs bene. All of the food was delicious and the service was fabulous. I loved the way that the muesli was served (in a jar - cool) with fresh fruit and yoghurt. It was a very generous serving of muesli which I couldnt eat but the smiling helpful waitress did offer to put in a bag for me to take away. Do visit if you have a chance - its great!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We walked in and took a seat, as no one came to greet us. We thought we'd try this place for breakfast. We grabbed our own menus from the counter, waited for half an hour, no one came to serve us or even say hello, yet the place was almost empty. So, we left and went to The Landing, where they actually acknowledge you.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The service here was actually really good, the lady who served us was so friendly and helpful and gave me a special price for my toast and preserves and coffee...but I wish she hadn't. She gave it to me and I didn't have the heart to say anything (so I just use the internet to complain instead), the toast was shop bought and hard as a ROCK. and the preserves were just those little packets. I couldn't eat it. Just go to the bakery instead.