New Zealand motels are just a notch below US standards so this is average for NZ but would be below average anywhere in the US. The room was clean but minimally updated. The hot water system is not sized to deal with morning shower use by multiple guests resulting in a very cool shower the first morning. Had to get up earlier for adequate hot water. The location is good to walk to restaurants. Internet was free but limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punga Grove offers stylish motel accommodation in the heart of Franz Josef Glacier village. Set amongst beautiful native bush with the lush rainforest at your doorstep with a stunning backdrop of high alpine peaks, Punga Grove is your natural West Coast accommodation choice for your stay in Glacier Country in New Zealand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Punga Grove Motel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punga Grove Hotel Franz Josef
- Punga Grove Motel And Suites