“A real Pub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2014

What a nice treat to go to a propper pub with a homely and friendly atmosphere and which has a large selection of beers although I like to stick to my john smiths.We had a lovely meal and the portions were quite generous whilst the prices are very reasonable, the best T Bone steak iv'e had in years.Only a small pub so go early or pre book if eating.We will go back again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Nice traditional pub. Log fire. Good selection of starters, mains & desserts. Very tasty well cooked food. Good selection of beers, lagers & wines. Friendly service. Good place to eat / chill

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My father in law a I had been drinking for a while, we had approximately 3 beers each. My wife, mother in law and 7 year old daughter joined us for a meal. My wife brought a bottle of water in to the pub that my daughter was drinking. It is hard work getting kids to drink anything. As we were eating our meal we were ask to put the water away and they would bring us some free tap water. I could not believe how petty the waitress was being, we have never been asked this before and this is an activity that we partake every Saturday between 4pm and 6pm with the in-laws. I was asked to leave when I protested at the pettiness' of it. I didn't leave and gave in to her request as we were all just starting our meals. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS PUB AGAIN!

2  Thank Dean01234
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely time and food was gorgeous, definitely recommend the mixed grill make sure you have a good apiitie tho. Can't wait to visit again x

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The Cock Inn is a lovely, warm and cosy pub that serves homemade food and a good selection of beer. This evening we had the rump steak and lasagne which were both were brilliant. Everything is homemade and served hot. Steak was cooked perfectly and the chips were soooo good! It offers great value money considering the quality of the food. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Just a shame we are visiting the area and this isn't our local! Definitely recommend.