“Nothing Special”

Cuisines: Indian, Balti
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I went last night in a party of 13. The £10 four course menu is really good value but the drinks are quite expensive so still ended up spending quite alot. Service wasnt really that good they seemed to be more interested in gathering around the bar watching the match. Every drink I wanted I had to go to the bar myself for, was not once asked at the table. Also I know wine is more expensive when eating out but paying £15 for a £3 bottle of wine gutted me. The food I ordered wasn't anything special and my vegetable samosa's for starter were way too hot (spicy). Think I will try the new Indian around the corner next time.

There are newer reviews for Elachi

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have visited Elachi several times and never been disappointed and tonight was no different. Don't know why the previous reviews are complaining. I had the Amlo chicken and my partner had the butter tikka accompanied with mushroom and nan bread - all was very nice and hot. The only complaint that I have is that a waiter came to clear my plate while my partner was still eating his poppadoms. Will be returning. The 4 course meal for £10 on Wednesday's & Sunday's are very good value.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Visited Wednesday for birthday meal. Staff rude and uninterested, food grey, how can a chicken tikka garlic massala be grey!!!. 1 hour wait for starters and 40 mins for main course, everyone there seemed to be in the same boat. We suspect that it's a ploy to tempt you to drink more of the overpriced drinks. Even though it's local we won't be visiting again.

1  Thank SallyK71
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Went on Sunday night and had the £10 banquet. Before I had even got my coat off or even got seated the waiter was badgering us for our drinks order which I found quite annoying.
The poppadoms and pickle tray was ok. Starters were fine although my lamb chops were swimming in grease and a bit tastleless. The onion bargees were tasty.
The disappointment came with the main course. I ordered Korma ( as always..not very adventurous). I love the creamy coconut taste but I'm afraid it was absent in my dish. Again the food was tastleless and looked and tasted as if it had been 'diluted'. My husband had tikka and his dish was the same. The price included coffee but as I don't drink coffee I asked for tea. I was told that they didn't have tea so I settled for a cup of hot water.
Good price but really not worth it for the standard of the food. Found the drinks expensive too.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We visited earlyish on a Saturday evening - it wasn't very busy when we arrived. The waiter who 'welcomed' us was soooo miserable - like he'd been given his cards ten minutes before! No welcome, no pleasure at seeing customers, we were definitely seen as 'work' and not 'valued customers'. He cleared the extra covers from the table and left us to peruse the menu.

A different waiter took our order, and was a little friendlier. The menu had a lot of specialities we hadn't seen before and were keen to try. We thought the Thali dish might be good - but on enquiry it seemed the selection was just three bog-standard dishes that appear in all Indian restaurants, so we wouldn't be getting anything new. We made a different selection.

The food was ok, although the Bombay Aloo was exceptionally hot. My dish promised taste made with 21 different spices, but I found it a bit bland. Husband had a fairly hot dish but that was really tasty.

The room, incidentally, was really chilly. Half way through the meal more people had come in and they opened up the back half which had been in darkness. There wasn't really much atmosphere as we sat with tables in rows down each side of the room. Most couples ate even quicker than us and then left without bothering with the frozen desserts or coffee.

All in all, the meal was ok but not outstanding. The service was definitely average - there's too much competition out there for such complacency!