“Great venue and great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Hoyland
Price range: US$25 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great venue and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had the £10 sunday menu and it was fabulous. Service was fast and 10 out of 10 for leaving the pickle tray on the table. Only negative was that the drinks are expensive and if you have certain foods they don't tell you they are extra until at the till. Bit rude if you ask me

“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I went last night in a party of 13. The £10 four course menu is really good value but the drinks are quite expensive so still ended up spending quite alot. Service wasnt really that good they seemed to be more interested in gathering around the bar watching the match. Every drink I wanted I had to go to the bar myself for, was not once asked at the table. Also I know wine is more expensive when eating out but paying £15 for a £3 bottle of wine gutted me. The food I ordered wasn't anything special and my vegetable samosa's for starter were way too hot (spicy). Think I will try the new Indian around the corner next time.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have visited Elachi several times and never been disappointed and tonight was no different. Don't know why the previous reviews are complaining. I had the Amlo chicken and my partner had the butter tikka accompanied with mushroom and nan bread - all was very nice and hot. The only complaint that I have is that a waiter came to clear my plate while my partner was still eating his poppadoms. Will be returning. The 4 course meal for £10 on Wednesday's & Sunday's are very good value.

Barnsley UK
“Disapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Visited Wednesday for birthday meal. Staff rude and uninterested, food grey, how can a chicken tikka garlic massala be grey!!!. 1 hour wait for starters and 40 mins for main course, everyone there seemed to be in the same boat. We suspect that it's a ploy to tempt you to drink more of the overpriced drinks. Even though it's local we won't be visiting again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank SallyK71
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Went on Sunday night and had the £10 banquet. Before I had even got my coat off or even got seated the waiter was badgering us for our drinks order which I found quite annoying.
The poppadoms and pickle tray was ok. Starters were fine although my lamb chops were swimming in grease and a bit tastleless. The onion bargees were tasty.
The disappointment came with the main course. I ordered Korma ( as always..not very adventurous). I love the creamy coconut taste but I'm afraid it was absent in my dish. Again the food was tastleless and looked and tasted as if it had been 'diluted'. My husband had tikka and his dish was the same. The price included coffee but as I don't drink coffee I asked for tea. I was told that they didn't have tea so I settled for a cup of hot water.
Good price but really not worth it for the standard of the food. Found the drinks expensive too.

• Visited January 2014