“Nothing Special ...”

Cuisines: Indian, Balti
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Went to Elachis a couple of weeks ago on a Friday. The resturaunt was more or less empty with no atmosphere. I felt as if the staff were rushing us to order and food coming out very quickly between starter and main not giving you chance to relax and enjoy your time together. I had Shish kebab which was very dry and chicken tikka for main which was very very sweet and I didnt enjoy. The restaurant itself is very nice inside but the service was poor and food was lacking. All in all its nothing special, didnt feel comfortable and will not rush to return.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We set out tonight for a different restaurant and the least said in this review about that the better! However, Elachi is very close to home and we had never been so we decided to see if they had a table. There was only the two of us so easy to seat, even so the welcome was warm and friendly and helpful. The waiting staff were quick efficient friendly and full of smiles. The food was absolutely outstanding, the best Indian food we have had in a long while. The atmosphere was lovely and the meal and drinks were excellent value.

It was an unexpected visit and it saved my husband's birthday meal from disaster - we will go again and can't think why it has taken us so long to make a visit.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had the £10 sunday menu and it was fabulous. Service was fast and 10 out of 10 for leaving the pickle tray on the table. Only negative was that the drinks are expensive and if you have certain foods they don't tell you they are extra until at the till. Bit rude if you ask me

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I went last night in a party of 13. The £10 four course menu is really good value but the drinks are quite expensive so still ended up spending quite alot. Service wasnt really that good they seemed to be more interested in gathering around the bar watching the match. Every drink I wanted I had to go to the bar myself for, was not once asked at the table. Also I know wine is more expensive when eating out but paying £15 for a £3 bottle of wine gutted me. The food I ordered wasn't anything special and my vegetable samosa's for starter were way too hot (spicy). Think I will try the new Indian around the corner next time.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have visited Elachi several times and never been disappointed and tonight was no different. Don't know why the previous reviews are complaining. I had the Amlo chicken and my partner had the butter tikka accompanied with mushroom and nan bread - all was very nice and hot. The only complaint that I have is that a waiter came to clear my plate while my partner was still eating his poppadoms. Will be returning. The 4 course meal for £10 on Wednesday's & Sunday's are very good value.