“Superb food and service”

Marco Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Marco Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 368 Restaurants in Macon
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tucker Road
Transit: There is a bus stop directly accross the street From Marco.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had dinner here tonight after an absence of several years. I love this place, and always try to eat here when passing through Macon. It offers superb food and sophisticated service at prices to match. Many customers are snowbirds passing through Macon who enjoy fine dining usually found only in large cities. It's worth every penny!

5  Thank Ron C

Reviewed 16 June 2014

What a fabulous evening! We weren't dressed up, but greeted by the hostess as if we were the most important people in Macon. Our server was phenomenal with a tableside service of my Filet Diane. My husband had the seared scallops and they were cooked perfectly. I enjoy a good chocolate martini, but like a good man, they are hard to find. I found my perfect chocolate martini at Marco. Our entire experience was outstanding! We were so pleased, we booked for the next early afternoon for the Father's Day brunch. So much food and it was so good. When we got to the eggs benedict, they were less than perfect, however, when the hostess, Pamela, came by to ask how everything was, and I told her everything was great except the eggs benedict, she spoke to the chef, who came out with a freshly cooked eggs benedict for both of us. I am so pleased with both visits to Marco. Oh, and lovely, live piano music.

5  Thank Gerry M
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Sadly, this once gleaming gem has lost much of it luster. We decided to give Marco one more try after a couple years since our last try but ended up with the same disappointing results. I truly do not understand how inflated prices and deflated quality equals anything other than insulting the intelligence of the diners and local community. From the cheesy banners draped outside the restaurant urging people to dine with them to the outdate décor within this restaurant screams for the help of Gordon Ramsey on Kitchen Nightmares. We paid $40 for their steak Diane which was a lame "choice" cut of Angus filet no where worth near the asking price of $40. The handful of rubbery pan seared scallops did not taste fresh and again not worth the price of $35. Did I really pay nearly $7 per scallop? Well, I should have expected disappointment when we entered a half empty establishment at 7pm on a Saturday night which should have been standing room only. I guess that's why Marco is only ranked 8th in a field of mostly chain restaurants. Never Again.

4  Thank Deter J
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had a lovely dinner her with friends. While it is expensive for Macon, the food was excellent and the service was superb. The portions are European size and meant for a meal of 3 courses as in Italy. We each had salads or soup, split a couple of orders of the pasta course for our table of 6 and each had an main course. Overall a lovely evening.

3  Thank BizLuxTrvlr
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I do not mind paying good money for a good meal and good service. At Marco's we had neither. The entrees on the menu were limited. There were more wines on the menu than all the food. The entrees were priced higher than any restaurant in Macon. My seafood linguine had 2 shrimp, 2 scallops, and three clams. Everyone at our table had a similar opinion about their meals. Little food, not especially good, and over priced. Also, our waiter was much more concerned about a couple sitting at the bar than he was about taking and delivering our order.

3  Thank lizzeyriley