“Exceeded expectations”

Candlewood Suites Macon
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We usually reserve our hotels in advance, but not this time. We stopped here after a long day on the road. The hotel was convenient to get to - right off the interstate - and had plenty of places to eat nearby. The desk clerk told us about a deal on queen smoking rooms. We hesitated, since we're nonsmokers and didn't want to be overpowered by the smell. Without us asking, the clerk offered to take us to several available rooms before we decided. We took the first room.
Everything in the room was clean, well maintained, and comfortable. We used the treadmills in the fitness center; all the equipment was clean and in good repair. The snack center was well stocked and would save a trip to the convenience store. They don't serve breakfast, but that's OK. They have the all-important complimentary coffee in the room and the snack center.
I would recommend this hotel to others, and would definitely stay here again myself. In fact, I wish they had more hotels like this where I travel for business! I got more than my money's worth.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank marya z
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We love to hear what our guests are saying about our hotel. Your comments will be shared and celebrated with our staff. Your feedback is crucial to helping us improve and know what we are doing right and wrong. Thanks for sharing with us and we are delighted you had a good stay!

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived the front desk attendant was very pleasant. The room was clean and tidy. They have a small kitchen with full size refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave. Other niceties like dishes, coffee maker,stove top and toaster oven are provided also. The beds were comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The room was up-to-date and very well kept. They provide a DVD player too. And You can rent a movie from the front desk for free. They have free laundry mat too. We paid $72. The only downside was the thin walls. We could here the guests above us walking around. We would definitely stay here again. It's the best value for your money!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank momof3girlsNashville
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind comments and the feedback that you provided to us. Please stay with us the next time you are in Macon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a reservation (made six months prior) at the Marriott across the street. Arrived and they could not accommodate us, five adults. So we had to look elsewhere. There was a tennis tournament in town and it was hard to find a room. I went into the Candlewood lobby explained what had happened with the Marriott and the clerk was able to offer us two rooms for $66 each. The were very nice, clean, well kept and I am a hotel snob!! Air was cold, free laundry, and the Candlewood Honor pantry was fun for the kids. Pool with grill and patio area and weight room however we did not use them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank libbyluiu
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am delighted that we were able to help you out. We take great pride in our hotel and I am so pleased that you were happy with your rooms. Please stay with us the next time you are traveling through Macon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Not one complaint! Best price I could find. Friends loved it. Room was large. Had a mini kitchen with a full size frig. God the beds were nice. The price under $70. Holiday Inn next door was over $100 (Don't miss out on eating at Sticky Fingers Rest. near by)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JairBe
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that you had a good stay and you found our rooms clean and comfortable. Thank you for your kind comments - we love to get feedback.
Please stay with us the next time you are in Macon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The price on this room was extremely competitive - 71.95 with tax. I booked for 1 night. It was in walking distance to Outback Steakhouse, Logan's Roadhouse and Carrabba's Itlalian Grill. It was the last hotel down a street of other hotels (La Quinta, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn etc. Alll were $20 - $60 more per night.

I checked in and they were exceptionally pleasant at the desk. Went to my room - it was adequate for a night's stay - and clean. I slept fine but there were a few things that bothered me, then I realized that those things I now expect were what increase the price for a night's stay.

- Bill slipped under door
- Breakfast included
- Quiet - Walls were very thin and I easily heard conversation in hall and through walls
- Internet speed very slow.

Would I stay again, probably not, but if I couldn't afford a more expensive room I would definitely consider this hotel again. You get what you pay for and if you pay for Spartan services and conditions you need to expect that.

This Hotel did a fine job considering it was a budget hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank bfstacy

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Dear Trip Advisor:
My husband and I would like to thank Shirley the General Manager and her exceptional staff.
We were traveling from Florida on a very long trip in a rental truck. The Candlewood suites, Macon Georgia was absolutely the best hotel we have ever stayed at.
When we pulled up in the middle of the night on 06/01/14, we were very pleasantly greeted by the cleanest and prettiest decor in the foyer, with gorgeous roses blooming outside.
We were warmly welcomed and given the most courteous and attentive service. We travel alot, and were astounded at the service.
This hotel is spotlessly clean including the carpets. we were so comfortable to walk with bare feet and didn't worry about it.
The room, eating area, and lounge areas are impeccably clean, tidy and organized. The room had a modern well stocked kitchen with beautiful upgrades. The manager went out of her way several times to assist with restaurant reviews, and directions to the interstate. She was absolutely sweet and caring. We were also amazed to find out that Chaplaincy services were available.
We HIGHLY recommend this hotel, and plan to return in the future. THANK YOU! again to Shirley the Manager. Sincerely, Marque and Therese D.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and it was totally quiet, with a great parking spot for our rental truck.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank T P
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad that you had a good experience. I also appreciate you sharing your kind comments about us with other Trip Advisor travelers. Please stay with us the next time you are in the Macon area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I researched a lot of places before booking here. It really is the best price in the area, short of staying at a flea bag motel. All of the staff I came across was very helpful and friendly. Maybe one of the friendliest places I have ever stayed. The location was great for us, as it was right off the interstate. The rooms were all very clean, no signs of bugs or anything. I would have rated it a 5, but the beds were extremely hard, and since I have back problems I did not sleep well. Everyone else in my party thought they were comfortable. Overall it was good. And if you like a really firm bed, then you will be really happy here.

Room Tip: Beds are extremely firm, so only choose this place if you like that.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Karen S

Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad that you found our Hotel clean and welcoming and our staff accommodating. I am sorry that the bed was not comfortable for you. We try very hard to make all of our guests comfortable and I apologize that we were not able to do this for you. Thank you for your feedback - it helps us know what we are doing well and what we need to improve upon.