“Never again!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #53 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed here in Nov., 2011, and again in June, 2012. If you like a small continental breakfast, this is the place to find one. First time I stayed there they put me in a "renovated" room which was just OK. Told them that there were issues with the bathroom that needed addressing. The sheets were clean, but had holes around the edges. They gave me a late check out time no problem. The second time I stayed there I was greatful that I didn't need to use the shower...deplorable. But the toilet was clean and so was the sink so I didn't mind. The sheets, again, had holes around the edges. I called the front desk and asked for an extra hour to check out and the guy (who I guess was the owner/manager) told me OK, but that it would cost an extra $15.00! I said no thanks and that I'd be out at the normally required time. Fifteen minutes before check out time I started taking my luggage to my car and the 1st of 3 people came to make sure I was getting out. I stopped by the office and there was a nice young woman there. I told her I was checking out and for her to tell the owner about the $15.00 charge for a late check out time and that I'd stayed there once before and with a child in college I might have stayed there many times over the next 4 years, but that since I now suspected they were running a bordello, that I would NEVER return. The young woman did the right thing. She apologized and said she would pass the message along. If you're looking for a quality hotel, avoid this one like the plague!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Georgia N
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stopped at the Econo Lodge after traveling all day with three small children... it was very late at night (nearly midnight) and everyone was exhausted. We saw their ad in a GA hotel guide that we picked up at a gas station and it sounded pretty decent - newly renovated rooms, "the best" pillowtop mattresses, and deluxe hot breakfast. Well, maybe some of the rooms were newly renovated - but not ours. It was gross and there were pubic hairs all over the bathroom floor. Not to mention that the air conditioning was turned off completely and it was about 95 degrees upon entering the room. Absolutely stifling, and we were sweating in a matter of minutes. My husband called the front desk to ask if we could switch to another cooler room, and we were told that none of the rooms keep the air on unless they are occupied, and we were told to just turn it on and it would cool down soon. Well, it took a good 2-3 hrs to cool down to a point where it was comfortable. Our family fell asleep on top of the covers and sweating. We seriously pondered moving to another hotel, but it was already after midnight and we had three young children who were beyond exhausted, so we stayed. Under any other circumstances we would have left immediately though.

Some of the folks we saw milling around outside were a bit sketchy looking. The girl at the font desk was not particularly friendly or helpful. Plus, the housekeeping service didn't even have a proper supplies cart - the lady we saw was pushing around a Walmart shopping cart full of supplies. An overall bad experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LexKyMom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Dirty room, undesirables walking around parking lot all through the night, looks like half of rooms rent by the hour ....

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Travelmanymiles
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My husband and I chose this Econo Lodge strictly from the outside appearance. We had been driving for 12 hours, were exhausted and it was very late. We were given a room at the very back of the motel which did concern me. We should have demanded our money back and driven further when we saw the disgusting room. We paid cash with no receipt and thought we would have a hassle getting a refund. We were just too tired so opted to sleep in our clothes with our own blanket covering us. To add further insult to our bad decision to stay, we were woken at 4:30 am by the County Sheriff, who told us our car had been broken in to by thieves smashing a window and our belongings were strewn around the parking lot. The Sheriff told us there have been many, many break-ins in this area and he often stops tourists advising them to continue on to the next exit when looking for a room. I wish we had read the reviews before we made our terrible decision.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this motel, insist on a room at the front
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trishsargeant
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Where do you start? It's a dump that is destined to be a charge by the hour joint soon. There is nothing redeeming about the hotel except the sign looked new. I a woke often feeling like a needef another shower and i've slept better in AT trail shelters with mice running across my sleeping bag. The reviews other than mine on Google must be from the owner. I've got pictures to prove it. Stay elsewhere... you will thank me for it.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank kickstander
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The non-smoking room smelled highly of smoke and we found an empty pack of cigarettes in the room. The wallpaper in the bathroom ended a foot from the floor and bare drywall was exposed. There was no grout along the side of the tile near the wall. There was splatter marks of ??? on the walls. We asked for another room and while it was a little more clean, it also smelled strongly of smoke. The "deluxe" breakfast was not deluxe. I am not a high maintenance girl (heading home from camping) and this place made wish I'd pitched my tent in an empty lot.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 2vanams
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Upon arrival a large party was going on in the pool area, very loud, people going in and out of several rooms near the pool. Around 6:30pm the party broke up and all but one vehicle left; we heard the partygoers thank the desk clerk for the use of the pool. Only the one vehicle spent the night. There was what appeard to be pubic hair all over the sink area, we should have left then but thought we could tough it out. An SUV kept pulling up next to our vehicle with the bass so loud it rattled the walls. When we called the front desk to report it she replied "Oh, I know who that is and I'll tell them to stop". There were vehicles going in and out constantly and one room with a woman and several men entering and leaving continuously. It's our guess they rent the rooms for purposes other than a good night's rest. At 1:30 am it was finally too much and we left and went next door the the Best Western, which was one of the nicest rooms we ever stayed in. Do not stay in this motel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple