Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way north on I-75 from Florida. The room was updated and very comfortable. We didn't want to go as far as Atlanta so this was a great place to stop for the night. Breakfast was ok, cereal, muffins, hard boiled eggs. It was very clean off the road far enough that you didn't hear the interstate traffice. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I previously worked in the Econo Lodge in Columbus Ga and we always believed in Customer Satisfaction along with the rooms being clean. The first room we were in the toilet wouldn't flush the Front Desk was nice to move us but only to a room with people being very noisey and slamming doors. We requested to be moved and then the room was not clean and smelled like Cigarette Smoke when we asked for a Non Smoking Room. We went to the Front Desk and was told there were no other rooms available. I requested to just get my money back but was told there was a 10 minute rule that after 10 minutes you couldn't get your money back. I was very dissatisfied and wouldn't never stay in the Motel ever again and wouldn't recommend it.
Also the beds felt like you were lying on a door very hard and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chrissy750
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The room was suppose to be non-smoking and had ashes everwhere and smelled, cob webs hanging from the ceilings, the room was next to stairs and there was constant foot traffic all night barely got any sleep, the place was very ghetto, loud noises, dirty an disgusting but then thats what I get for the money big waste of points. It obviouse management and cleaning crews does little to ensure a quality hotel

Room Tip: Its a "budget" place to stay just dont get a room near the stairs
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Federalflyer
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed here in Nov., 2011, and again in June, 2012. If you like a small continental breakfast, this is the place to find one. First time I stayed there they put me in a "renovated" room which was just OK. Told them that there were issues with the bathroom that needed addressing. The sheets were clean, but had holes around the edges. They gave me a late check out time no problem. The second time I stayed there I was greatful that I didn't need to use the shower...deplorable. But the toilet was clean and so was the sink so I didn't mind. The sheets, again, had holes around the edges. I called the front desk and asked for an extra hour to check out and the guy (who I guess was the owner/manager) told me OK, but that it would cost an extra $15.00! I said no thanks and that I'd be out at the normally required time. Fifteen minutes before check out time I started taking my luggage to my car and the 1st of 3 people came to make sure I was getting out. I stopped by the office and there was a nice young woman there. I told her I was checking out and for her to tell the owner about the $15.00 charge for a late check out time and that I'd stayed there once before and with a child in college I might have stayed there many times over the next 4 years, but that since I now suspected they were running a bordello, that I would NEVER return. The young woman did the right thing. She apologized and said she would pass the message along. If you're looking for a quality hotel, avoid this one like the plague!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Georgia N
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stopped at the Econo Lodge after traveling all day with three small children... it was very late at night (nearly midnight) and everyone was exhausted. We saw their ad in a GA hotel guide that we picked up at a gas station and it sounded pretty decent - newly renovated rooms, "the best" pillowtop mattresses, and deluxe hot breakfast. Well, maybe some of the rooms were newly renovated - but not ours. It was gross and there were pubic hairs all over the bathroom floor. Not to mention that the air conditioning was turned off completely and it was about 95 degrees upon entering the room. Absolutely stifling, and we were sweating in a matter of minutes. My husband called the front desk to ask if we could switch to another cooler room, and we were told that none of the rooms keep the air on unless they are occupied, and we were told to just turn it on and it would cool down soon. Well, it took a good 2-3 hrs to cool down to a point where it was comfortable. Our family fell asleep on top of the covers and sweating. We seriously pondered moving to another hotel, but it was already after midnight and we had three young children who were beyond exhausted, so we stayed. Under any other circumstances we would have left immediately though.

Some of the folks we saw milling around outside were a bit sketchy looking. The girl at the font desk was not particularly friendly or helpful. Plus, the housekeeping service didn't even have a proper supplies cart - the lady we saw was pushing around a Walmart shopping cart full of supplies. An overall bad experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family