“Burger was a little dry”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #103 of 352 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tallapoosa, Georgia
“Burger was a little dry”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I haven't been to an Outback in quite a while and decided to try the one in Macon while traveling. The staff was friendly and they seated me right away. The food was ok. The burger was a little dry and the rest was nothing to write home about. It was just ok.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff is really the best part of this restaurant. Our server made us feel at home. The food was very good the quality I expect from Outback

Thomaston, Georgia
“Steak for lunch !”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped for lunch at the Outback in Macon. We both ordered steak and it was cooked to order and was good. Service was average, polite but detached. I also ordered their special chocolate milkshake…when it finally came (halfway thru the meal) it was in a small milk bottle with whipped cream on top and with milkshake all over the outside of the bottle. It tasted ok but nothing special and I would never order another.

Macon, Georgia
“Sure isn't what it used to be.”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I received gift certificates for the Macon location and we we're very disappointed . We have frequented this location (before renovation) many times and have always been very happy with our meals but this visit was much different. The service was ok but nothing stellar and the appetizer was terrible. We ordered crab stuffed mushrooms and the stuffing was nothing but breading, I could not taste or see any crab at all. The steak was tough and stringy and some of it I could not even chew. The baked potato was under cooked and hard in the center and the Caesar Salad was extremely bland. All in all it was an unpleasant experience and we will not be returning. If you want a good steak in Macon, go to Longhorn's.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Not what I expect from Outback”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We visited this location on a busy Friday night. Had to wait a bit, but we expected that. Had a seat at the bar, where it took over 5 minutes for 1 of the 2 bartenders to even acknowledge us. (They weren't that busy.). When we finally were seated, our waitress, Amanda, was great (she was the best thing about the entire visit). However, she was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of tables she had (perhaps because the other servers weren't as good?). When our food arrived, my baked potato was not cooked all the way through, and the mushrooms were cold. The bloomin onion had an odd taste to it (old oil?). The entire restaurant just had a dirty feel to it. The bathrooms were deplorable. And walking to the bathrooms was treacherous, as there was food and wet spots on the floor. Also, this was the first Outback I have been to that had laminate floors. Most have real wood floors. I wouldn't go back. There are too many other chain restaurants to choose from.