“Off of the ban list, for now...”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #170 of 360 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I once placed this Outback on my "Bad restaurant" list, but I took a chance and took my significant other there today for dinner. Let me just say that this restaurant has just been remodeled, and it is beautiful inside and out. I walked in and went to the host stand, and was promptly ignored by the two hostesses standing there. The reason why I was being ignored, is because the hostesses were ARGUING with each other! I promptly walked past them, and sat at the bar. From this point forward, I had a pleasant dining experience, and it was all due to the bartender Carolyn.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

While traveling with in-laws from Florida to Michigan this Outback location was conveniently located near our accommodations and a favorite restaurant of my father-in-law. Unfortunately and shockingly this was not up to the usual expectation. We all ordered soup (both types offered). When they arrived, all were barely warm at best. The server took all the soups back to the kitchen, came back to let us know the kitchen had been advised and would be right back with hot soup. While we waited a manager came to the table to find out if we had an issue. We explained that we were surprised the soups were barely warm and thought the kitchen should be informed to rectify for other customers. He left the table saying he would let the kitchen know without an apology. We then received our soups. Now comes an order of their NEW Calamari that was so overcooked that it was inedible. I asked the server to just take away and take off the bill. No replacement requested. And finally, my Father-in-laws baked potato was also cold. The butter would not even melt. Very poor experience for a chain that we usually felt we could count on. We never saw the Manager again, however, in fairness they did remove the soups and calamari from the bill. This place obviously has problems in their kitchen. Food temperatures are critical to healthy, wholesome foods. The server did her best, the manager was never seen again and the problems in this kitchen with improper food temperatures can be dangerous to customers. I would not recommend this Outback to anyone.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had the 3 course deal with the steak. It was cooked to perfection and our waiter was excellent. We had good service and good food.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I haven't been to an Outback in quite a while and decided to try the one in Macon while traveling. The staff was friendly and they seated me right away. The food was ok. The burger was a little dry and the rest was nothing to write home about. It was just ok.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff is really the best part of this restaurant. Our server made us feel at home. The food was very good the quality I expect from Outback

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!