“Made us feel like we were a nuisance”
Review of Natalia's

Natalia's
Ranked #4 of 362 Restaurants in Macon
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I made reservations for my husband and myself for his birthday. Everything I had been told or read up on said the establishment's dress code was dressy, but when we got there, we stuck out like sore thumbs because we dressed nice and there were so many people wearing jeans and casual shirts. We were placed at a table that was far too large for just us two, and we faced the whole room, which made it really awkward.

The waitress took forever to come to the table and when she did, it seemed like she expected us not to tip her, so she treated us like we weren't worth the work. My husband and I might look young, but we NEVER leave an establishment without tipping and do not appreciate being treated like this way. After we received our menus, we sat for almost an entire hour before my husband finally gave up and had to flag another waitress down and let her know that we needed to order (after all, we were paying a babysitter to watch our son and didn't need to take forever AND we were starving!).

I will say the manager on duty was a nice fellow, but it wasn't his job to personally wait on us. He explained the menu while we were waiting for the waitstaff to bring one to the table. The food was very good, however we left before we could try dessert because by then we had been in the restaurant around 1.5 hours, most of that waiting for someone to acknowledge that we existed.

Bottom line: the food is good, but if you appear young, don't expect top notch service. Tic Toc room makes food just as good and their waitstaff treats you like family.

1  Thank Anonny2014

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have eaten at very fine restaurants in many cites but the best is just 3 miles away at Nat's. Everyone should be so fortunate to experience excellence so close to home .
From the greeting, to the decor, to the cocktails, to the service, and to the superb food.....the experience is virtually perfect every time.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

You will be impressed the moment you enter. Take time to enjoy a drink at the beautiful bar before being seated. Filled with lovely decor, the dining area sets the mood for a beautiful dinner after you enjoy what will surely be your best meal ever, soak in the lavish dessert menu. Good luck choosing just one. Natalia's is understandably the finest restaurant in Macon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is my favorite place for special occasions. The food and service are spectacular. If you are not feeling dressed to the nines you can have a great meal in the bar.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are in Macon for the week so we are eating out a lot. We ate at Natalia's last night and it was delicious. The staff was very nice and our waiter Louis was charming and had a great sense of humor. We started off with fois gras which was the biggest serving I have ever seen! It was delicious! We had a salad which was brought to us in two plates since we only ordered one. Very nice touch. My husband has the sea bass in parchment and he said it was wonderful. I had the medallion special and while the steak was great I wasn't a fan of the lobster sauce. Maybe I was still lingering over the fois gras. We ended with white chocolate bread pudding which was really wonderful. Louis said it was like bread pudding wets flan and has this wonderful tasting baby. And he was right! Very elegant restaurant in a small southern city. Would recommend!