“Homewood 'Sweets'”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Always enjoy a stay with Homewood Suites. This location is on the north side of Macon makes it safe and its location just off I-75 is convenient. The breakfast is always great, especially the muffins. The restaurant next door, Natalia's is one of the best in the South. We spend every New Years Eve at this location with dinner at Natalia's.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We appreciate the time you spent responding to TripAdvisor. I also enjoy the muffins here at Homewood "Sweets". Please let me know when you arrive over the Holiday. I would like the opportunity to say hello and to wish you a Happy New Year!.. Natalia's is a great place to spend an evening. Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Best stay ever!!! Staff greeted me knew by name even though I had never been there before. The reception was awesome the food was awesome. I never felt more at home. I will be back! Very friendly staff, room was awesome!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
cathyGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

To our Hilton Family Trav•
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city.. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you when you return to Macon. I will also pass on your kind words to our entire staff. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way to Disney. We already has reservations, so the check-in process was quick and the person at the front desk was friendly. We arrived late - around 10 pm, so we were just anxious to get the kids settled and into bed. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint is the overall poor soundproofing. We were on the first floor and we could hear everything going on around us - every step of the people above us came through clearly... It sounded like a herd of elephants in a stampede, though I'm sure they were just walking normally. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this is one of the worst I've experienced in terms of external noise. I recommend asking for a room on the top floor if you stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013
cathyGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests' comfort and safety is my number one concern and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I've been to Macon several times, and this is one of my favorite places to stay. The rooms are spacious with all the amenities, dinner/wine is served every night if you'd like to dine it, and breakfast is available, too. Be sure to check out the restaurant next door, too. Great desserts.

The room has refrig, microwave, and all other necessary appliances, and the staff is very service oriented. If you're looking for a place to crash and serve as your "homebase" while you're traveling, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room w/o upstairs guests. The rooms are quiet, but it's uncanny how well...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Sheri,
We are so happy to hear that we are your favorite Hotel in Macon! We do enjoy seeing our return desk during dinner.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Enjoy your day!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Really nice suite, wish we could have stayed here longer. We were just passing through. The room was spacious, new, and clean, as was the kitchenette. More than we expected and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert K

We are happy to hear that you enjoy your stay in Macon. Hopefully you will return and be able to stay a little longer. There are so many events to experience in our town.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance in the future.
Thank you and come back soon!!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

A group of eight of us stayed at this Hotel while attending the Cherry Blossom Festival. We stayed for three nights. The early booking pricing was very good and the hotel lived up to our expectations and beyond. The front desk were all so friendly and offering to help with any questions. The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. A new comforter would be the only improvement as they are getting to show their life. The hot breakfast was well prepared and good quality. Try the BOLD Coffee as it has a really unique good quality taste.
On checkout morning we were enjoying a final coffee before heading for Venice. A Lady stopped by with coffee cup (still had her outside jacket on) to say hi. It was Kathy G, the general manager. She asked about our stay and wanted to know if there was anything else she could do for us. We had a nice chat and all agreed that on our next trip to Macon, this is the place to stay. The entire crew at this hotel is friendly and are sincere in wanting to help make your stay a good one.

Room Tip: Book early, if possible, for best pricing. Senior discount was lower pricing that AAA.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I did enjoy talking with you and your entire group. We are so happy that you decided to return to Macon for our Cherry Blossom Festival.

We look forward to seeing you next year.
Thank you and enjoy your day!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

The room was spacious and clean. The bed was soft and comfortable. The in room WIFI was easy to establish. Ample parking is also available. The breakfast was more than adequate. Choices ran from the hearty to healthy. It is also next to an outstanding Italian restaurant, Natalia's

Room Tip: No suggestions,
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple