“Retired Traveler” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Dallas, United States
“Retired Traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I found the Homewood Suites to be a great place to stay. They offer a 24 hrs snack shop for those of us who want something in the middle of the night. The personal make you feel special and what to give you their very best. As I am retired and travel a little I will look for Homewood Suites to stay at if possible.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
So happy to hear that you enjoyed our property during your stay in Macon. It's great to hear that our staff took good care of you and that you enjoyed our "suite shop" with all of our goodies.
We hope to see you back in Macon soon! Enjoy your retirement.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Marietta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hotel appearance and rooms were very clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast could have included more fresh fruit (my orange was awful). Also needs more than one waffle iron. The breakfast staff was good and available. Kept the dining area in good shape.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Julius M
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We appreciate the time you spent responding to TripAdvisor. I will personally look into the problems our breakfast and always being fresh. I will also review all training procedures with our staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you return.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on route to Savannah and was not disappointed. I chose it because it was rated number 1 on Tripadvisor and I would agree with the rating. The place was new, clean and big. My room was large and had a full kitchen to use, which was really handy with reheating leftover food I was accumulated along my journey. The full breakfast that is included was good and there is a big outlet mall not that far away by car.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We appreciate the time you spent responding toTrip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you when you return to Macon.
Dayton, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed her recently traveling for a wedding. It was homey and full of lots of comforts that you would never expect at a hotel...like popcorn to pop and face wash in case you forgot yours, which I did. It was comfortable and exceeded many of our recent stays at 4 star hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bamberl
How exciting to be here for a wedding! Great to hear that you enjoyed a couple of our amendies in the room. The popcorn and DVD's are most everyone's favorite. We appreciate your time responding to TripAdvisor. We hope you have an opportunity to return to Macon for a visit.
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our family stayed here for one night on our way to Florida during Spring Break. The front desk staff we spoke with were some of the most pleasant and gracious hosts I've ever encountered at a hotel. They made us feel like home when we walked through the door. The room was clean and comfortable and the complimentary dinner was just icing on the cake. If you are looking for lodging in Macon, look no further.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are happy to hear that our staff went over and above during your visit. I will be sure to pass this review to them. We like our guest to feel at home during their stay. We look forward to having you in the future. Hope you had great weather during your spring break.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I have previously reviewed this property, giving it a glowing 5-star review. However, on my most recent visit, I was aware of service and maintenance issues that need attention.

On our first morning, the breakfast was just unappealing. Eggs that smelled strongly, Canadian bacon swimming in greasy water, and biscuits heavily coated with artificial butter were jus a turn-off! I have eaten several breakfasts there previously that served simply prepared tasty food.
Housekeeping service was erratic; something was missing each day--one day it was a bath mat and washcloths; on another, our used waster glasses were removed with no replacement. When we opened the cutlery drawer, there was a heavily-encrusted knife in the drawer(peanut butter). The dishwasher had not been emptied from the previous guests, and there was hair in the bathtub.
I like the location because it works for me. I really don't feel safe in many areas of Macon, so I selected this property.
However, it is no longer shining new and maintenance is absolutely essential!
The staff are friendly and accommodating, and I hope management will do what is necessary to maintain the property.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank mambolimo
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We appreciate the time you spent responding to Trip Advisor. I will personally look into the problems that you mentiond and will also review all training procedures with our staff.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This Homewood Suites had everything we needed including a full kitchen. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was great with a wide variety of selections. The location is perfect for people traveling to and from Florida.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us on your way to flordia. We hope you have an opportunity to return for a visit.