All reviews bass complimentary dinner front desk full kitchen great hotel evening reception living room home away from home rooms are clean a great stay would stay here again business trip fries easy access staff was friendly one night stay parking lot
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel amenities were quite nice and the hotel staff was very helpful. The suite was clean and the amenities were outstanding. We did have problems during the night with the occupants of the room above us stomping back and forth all night (no, the sounds were not typical of people having sex). At 2:00 AM, I had to notify the desk attendant of the problem and she gave them a courtesy call. The stomping stopped for a few hours, and than began again at about 5:00. The complimentary breakfast was decent, and was of higher quality than most other places I've stayed. However, due to the large number of people who had stayed, the breakfast staff was unable to keep up with the demand of food as-well-as clean plates, utensils, etc. Otherwise, my wife and I had a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We appreciate the time you spent responding to TripAdvisor. I will personally look into the problems that you mentioned. I will also review all training procedures with our staff. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you when you are back in Macon. Happy 4th of July!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We had a suite which was very nice, new, and clean. Breakfast was awesome- lobby really nice with plenty of seating. Pool really nice as well- had nice long steps good for my young son who can't swim yet. We really liked this hotel. highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond to TripAdivor and for highly recommending our hotel.
We are happy to hear that the weather was good so that you were able to enjoy the pool.
We hope that in the future, you will have an opportunity to visit us again. Happy 4th of July!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very clean the staff was very helpful about places to eat we checked in late. Breakfast was good the facilities look to be in good condition & well maintained. We are going to stop. On are way back!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your response to TripAdvisor. We will look forward to your return. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful in giving you the information you needed. Enjoy your 4th of July Holiday!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member, frequent traveler (both leisure and work related) but this was by far one of the most annoying check in experiences ever. Anne, the front desk receptionist insisted that my Capital One CREDIT card was a debit card, booked us in a corner room close to an outside door, that was filthy with pet dander. My wife and son have EXTREMELY anaphylactic reactions to pet dander. As soon as my wife walked in, she had an immediate reaction. When I brought this to Anne's attention, she offered me a different room on a different floor, but insisted that I be ESCORTED by a maintenance person when I simply wanted to check the condition of the room BEFORE I placed my family in this room. The breakfast was ok, but the kitchen staff was unprofessional and talked VERY loud about their personal business. The highlight of the stay was upon checkout, the housekeeper told us to enjoy our day and be safe on the road.

Room Tip: Check in when Anne is not there.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel is clearly in a brand new development part of town, so this isn't on an established intersection with dozens of convenient restaurants within blocks. Nice entryway, very open breakfast seating area. Pool is nice sized and easy to get to. Whole place was clean, rooms are nice but not overly large.

Breakfast is a very solid spread with a lot of variety (grits for a northerner!). Only gripe is they only serve until 9 (FYI to the hotel - anyone visiting there from half of America is basically finishing breakfast at 7AM! Maybe just 9:30 at least?), and more importantly, the lights are off at 9am sharp, not a second later, they are immediately cleaning the place out. Never seen such a militant breakfast cutoff, especially so early.

I would definitely return, knowing it's really a stopping point only, without much at this intersection off the highway.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We appreciate the time you spent responding toTrip Advisor. Although our breakfast is over at 9:00 during the week, we do stay open until 10:00 on Saturday and Sundays. I will personally speak to our hostess about helping our guest that come down at 9:00. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you when you return to Macon.