“Happy With This Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Bourbon, Indiana
“Happy With This Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked Sleep Inn for our stop on our way to Florida. Got a very good rate and am pleased with our stay here. Easy check in with friendly clerk. Room was clean and beds comfy which are the main things I look for. We got a very good nights rest and enjoyed the breakfast which included hot items before hitting the road again. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. We are happy we could accommodate you. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

Kind Regards,
The Team at Sleep Inn North Macon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
chicagoland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night on the way to Florida. Beds seem pretty good and bedding is definitely clean which is always a big concern for me. The bathroom is a stand up shower on our room with no tub. We stayed for our son to play in the pool. It wasn't half as inviting as the photo on the website. The water looks kind of dirty but I didn't get in. We had to take a smoking room and it was rather smoky but we opened the window and the front desk girl gave us febreeze. She was very nice but working alone and the hotel was packed for the night. So overall I would stay here again but there are many choices in this area. This is one of the few with an indoor pool though and no hot tub. Oh and the pool is attached to the building but separate and has terrible ventilation. If my kid didn't want the pool I would have gone with one of the others nearby but it is fine for the night.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear "Decent" Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Sleep Inn Brand. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our pool area. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had been traveling 9 hours and decided to stop here before heading home. My husband went in and checked us in and then we went to get some food. When we got to the room it smelled of mildew and the shower was leaking. The walls were dirty. I put the comforters in the closets and we just slept on the sheets. Oh and don't even try the pool!!! A man, his pit bull and his kids were swimming in it. It is sketchy at best. I am glad we were not killed or our car was not stollen. By far the grossest place I have ever been to!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kincaid4
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to assure this issue does not re-occur.
In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our 2 kids for one night. We had just drove 19 hrs from MN and needed to check in around 10:30am to get some rest. This was the only hotel out of 5 that had a room open and allowed us to check in. The lady at the front desk was accommodating with my request.

When I first walked into the lobby, I was pleased with it. Great colors, inviting and my check in time was about 5 min.

Next we were off to the pool. We didn't expect much, but what we got was bad!!! I didn't even feel comfortable letting my kids swim. When walking into the pool area, we thought it was raining, literally! But, nope it was all the moisture from the humid pool area forming billions of water droplets on the ceiling. One window was broken, the fans to circulate the air were not working (I tried Turing them on), so I opened every window that was operational and that helped with the rain. The pool area was dark, damp, dirty and a bit creepy. Mold all over the ceiling, the walls and windows.

Our room wasn't too bad. The shower had a little mold build up around the door, Beds were pretty comfy, Internet was good, parking good, located off the freeway. We had a coupon for 49$, so I can't complain too much.

Would we stay again? Probably not.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Sleep Inn North.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding maintenance issues and housekeeping on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with all of our departments to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Macon.

Kind Regards,
Branford, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

You can tell the hotel has been upgraded recently, but I'd hate to see it before it had been upfraded. Nice decor and comfortable feel if you don't look too closely.

Just fine for a one night stay when passing through Macon. I wouldn't want to stay much longer due to moldy showers and dirty walls.

But again, it was a comfortable sleep for a quick, one night stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Sleep Inn Macon. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was our first stop before reaching FL. It was very convenient location, right off the I-75 freeway in Macon, GA and NOT on the by-pass I-475 around Macon. Friendly staff, Mark at the check in counter, gave us a room on the ground floor. Room was very nice and clean, everything was in working order, includes shampoo and soap. Mark gave us good information to a car wash near by. We found it easily. Return to the room after dinner, WiFi connection was good, TV and bed were good. Had a good night sleep. Breakfast in the morning, Tesh was setting up the breakfast area, he was very friendly. The area was very clean and neat. We would stop here again in the future.

Room Tip: Look for a coupon from the travel coupon book at the GA visitors center. It had a lot of good deals.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear "Clean and comfortable" Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.

We are pleased to know you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. In addition we would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of your suite and the friendliness of the staff. I will be sharing your kind words with the entire team, especially Mark and Tesh.

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel, and we look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Nice staff, great breakfast, clean room. Good location to food, movie, and shopping. Will visit again when in the area.My computer worked without any problems. Hotel is located right off the highway, I-75.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We are pleased to know you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. In addition we would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and the friendliness of the staff. I will be sharing your kind words with the entire team.