Sleep Inn
1842 Inn(Macon)
US$214
US$209
Priceline
All reviewsfree popcornwafflespink lemonadeindoor poolno elevatordiscount couponan overnight stopoverroom was cleangreat hot breakfastnice showerwater pressure in the showersausagethe hotel managernorth maconrecommend this hotel to anyoneflat screen tvbreakfast attendant
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice comfortable beds, super friendly checking in and out people. Liked the free lemonade and popcorn. Always arrived too late and leaving too early to enjoy the pool. Fair price for room. Be advised that there is no bathtub just a nice shower in the rooms that we were in. TV quality ok but had lines going through picture. Always grateful for free internet Free breakfast was appreciated to help us get a quick start..

Room Tip: Stress if you need no smoking we were once sent to a recently made non smoking room that smelled of heavy smoke but were switched to a real non smoking room quickly.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for posting this wonderful review on Tripadvisor about your stay with us.
It was both pride taking and encouraging to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel staff friendly and helpful.

It is our continuous endeavor to serve our guests par excellence at all times during their stay with us.

However we will look into the TV and bathtub problem you encountered. so that it does not repeat for our future guests.

Looking forward to your next stay with us which will be all the more spotless and refreshing the next time you visit this area.

The Management Team at,
Sleep Inn MACON

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My mother and father-in-law stayed at this hotel on their way to visiting with us. They are elderly and often forget things. We worried about them making the long drive-trip. They checked in okay. It seemed as if the staff recognized my in-law's potential elderly shortcomings. The front desk clerk offered assistance with luggage even though this wasn't the type of hotel where that service is readily available. After they arrived at the room, the front desk called them to see if everything was okay. Great service! My father-in-law forgot a few very important and valuable items when they left the next day. They were about three hours away before they realized they had forgotten some items. Dad called the hotel and spoke to the manager, Mark. Mark called back when the staff had secured the forgotten items. Later that day, I called Mark and arranged for FEDEX to pick up the items to ship to us. Mark took care to box the items up and printed the FEDEX label for me. Mark took extra care to track the package and called us after FEDEX showed that it had arrived, just to confirm that we had received the package. Mark and the rest of the staff go out of their way and above the call of duty to ensure that elderly patrons feel comfortable and secure, and that is something to be very proud of. Thank you very much Sleep Inn and especially Mark, the General Manager.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MasterkeyHotels, Marketing Agency at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Esteemed guest,

Thank you for posting such a candid and honest review about our hotel on the Tripadvisor.

It is really pride-taking that you found our front desk and hotel staff helpful and friendly.

We continuously strive to serve our guests par excellence at all times during their stay with us.
Looking forward to your staying with us when you visit this place again.

The Management Team at,
Sleep Inn Macon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights on our way to Six Flags. The bed was not a comfortable as I thought it would be. The grounds were clean and the front desk service was excellent. This was not a 4 star hotel but you get What you pay for. The manager of this hotel went out of his way to make sure that our stay was pleasant and peaceful.

• Stayed: July 2014
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you so much for posting this wonderfull review on Tripadvisor about your stay with us.
We really take pride to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel reasonably priced.

However it was disheartening to learn that the bed did not meet your expectations. I will promptly look into this and get it resolved.

I assure you that your next stay with us will be an impeccable one.

Looking forward to serving you the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Staff was very accommodating and courteous. First room smelled as if someone had recently smoked in it and the AC controls were broken. We asked to be moved and were obliged without reservation. Location was convenient for dining and access to the highways. It was a good room the for the price.

Room Tip: No elevators but, hallways on second floor were quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you faced, I will co-ordinate with the housekeeping staff and resolve the issue of the room having smoke smell.

It was nice to learn that you found our staff friendly and the room reasonably priced.
I assure you that your next stay will be spotless and impeccable.

Do stay with us the next time you visit this place for a refreshing stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is small!!!

Rooms are small. Rooms w/ two double beds didn't have a tub in the bathroom - only shower, and there was only a pocket door separating toilet and shower from the sink and rest of the room.

Breakfast was the same "free" breakfast most small hotels offer - eggs (I think they were those "powdered" eggs because I could tell they were not "fresh" by the look & texture), sausage, waffles, pastries, cereal, juice, etc..

Pool was indoors, but VERY small and dimly lit - only one overhead light worked.

All in all - I would say this was a comparable less-expensive hotel, but the room we were first assigned (Room 223) had BLACK MOLD in the bathroom. I'm sure most of you know that black mold is hazardous to your health. There was about an 18" area that was covered in it just by the toilet. So it was very noticeable.

We did let the night management know, and she was very accomodating, and moved us immediately to the only remaining room she had available - which turns out, it was the room right next to the one with the mold issue; so there was probably mold in it also, but we didn't see any. Kudos to the staff on that one...

After checking out; we received an email from the hotel manager, and he apologized for the inconvenience and said that housekeeping had been notified about the situation so it had been addressed. However, my complaint is that you can't wipe up BLACK MOLD - so it's not just housekeeping that needs to be notified.

I never give bad reviews, or rate a hotel as "poor", but because of the health issue with the mold problem, I can't review it higher. That is way too much risk to guests health.

I can't say I will never stay here again - there is always that possibility, but if I am given a choice; I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheSaylors2004

Dear Esteemed Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
It was disappointing to learn that the breakfast and the room size did not meet your expectation.
We are also very much concerned about the black mold issue. We also regret that the pool was not well lit.

I assure you the I would personally discuss all these issues with the management and get those resolved at war footing.your review helps us improvise on our services, so thank you for posting the same.

I also assure you that your next stay will be spotless and refreshing
Looking forward to your stay with us the next time you visit this place.