“VERY nice for the price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon West
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Johnson City
“VERY nice for the price”
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I got a very nice price for this La Quinta and, because I have never stayed at one before, I was a little anxious about the quality. I needn't have worried. This hotel has obviously had some major renovations because everything looked brand new, clean, and nice. Getting to the hotel was laughably easy - just off the interstate but with no road noise. Check-in & check-out was very easy and hassle-free, the staff were nice, the room and pool and business center and large hot breakfast were all a hit - just exactly what we needed! I would recommend this hotel for anyone needing a nice place to spend the night.

A bit of a con: The hot tub was under maintenance, so we didn't get to enjoy that. But otherwise, great visit!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bolton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Pleasantly surprised at how new looking and beautiful the hotel was! We stayed late the next day enjoying the pool. Must stay there again. 4 star.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank thespeechgirl
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Brand new hotel. Very high ceilings and very tall beds in room. Not much floor space in the double room. Had fridge and microwave in a dresser that the flat screen TV sat on top of. The desk chair was unusually short, but I wasn't there to work so didn't matter.

Has single serving coffee maker in room (makes one cup at a time) so if a lot of people are drinking coffee you may need to get extra packets.

Has hair dryer in bathroom, nicer towels than most LaQuinta's but not super plush. Nice granite shower walls and vanity.

Beds were super comfortable - but very tall to get into. Great pillows.

Breakfast was wonderful - waffles, sausage patties, microwave bacon, pre formed scambled eggs - looked weird but tasted great and fit well on a biscut to make your own breakfast sandwich. Bread, bagles, Fresh apples, banannas, oranges. Juice, yogurt, cereal, individually wrapped muffins, danish. Coffee even had flavored creamers!

Had a fitness center and indoor pool - I did not use but both looked very nice

For dog owners - ask for a first floor room towards the back door as there is more grass out back then out front. Not a ton of grass but some. Dog owners PLEASE pick up after your dogs!! This is a super nice hotel - and very few people picked up. I was even picking up after others but just could not do it all. Come on - its easy and will keep hotels like this open to other dog owners!

However the back entrance has two large steps which made it hard to bring in luggage that way. Kinda strange as they also had handicapped rooms over there.

The only problem seemed that they really understaffed this hotel. One girl was on duity when I checked in and she was quick. Only to find out the next day - when my key did not work - that somehow -despite a reservation for 4 days, they had my room for only one day. It was no problem and was quickly fixed. However the next day my room was not cleaned at all. I don't ask for the beds to be made daily but I'm used to the trash being taken out anyway. The final day when I went to check out - no one was at the front desk. I poked around and found out that the front desk person was also covering the breakfast area as well. All the staff members were very nice and effecient - just seems they need a few more. This was an excellent deal as I only paid $62 with AAA I will be back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2010

The parking lot did not have a lot of cars, so maybe there were few guests, but we had absolutely no issues with noise during our two night stay.

When I checked I didn't mention that we had our dog with us (my daughter was walking her while I was checking in). We were given a card key to a third floor room and went in. Just as we were about to unpack, the front desk lady knocked and told us she needed to put us in a first floor room, as they are keeping all the pets on the first floor. She handled this blip very nicely and professionally, I was impressed. I felt like the staff here were trying their hardest to have the best hotel in the area.

The beds were comfortable and nicer than average for this level of hotel. Like another reviewer said, they are high up, so if this is an issue check with the hotel if they have lower beds, possible in the handicap accessible rooms. The room still felt brand new even if it is a few years old. Everything worked well and felt modern, clean and comfortable.

The breakfast did include the famous La Quinta waffles, and also sausage and basic omelets which were passable. My daughter still preferred a McDonald's breakfast burrito which was easy enough since it is just across the main road.

We ate at the Chinese buffet across the main road and had some insight to the local crowd. Yes, it's a Chinese buffet so it attracts an interesting crowd, but after seeing this, I am even more impressed that La Quinta could find such great staff for their hotel!

St Clair County, Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2010

The hotel was clean, and smelled good. The rooms were new with very comfortable bedding. The pool was indoors, but not very big and heavily clorinated. We were very happy with our stay there. We left before breakfast was served, so I can't rate that. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay.

1 Thank skbenes
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We were en route to south Florida for vacation and seeking a clean comfortable place - with an indoor pool for our 3 kids to enjoy. We couldn't have been luckier to find this La Quinta. It was great, new, super clean, pool was perfect (size and temp). There were multiple restaurants and even a Target if we had forgotten something. You never know what you'll find when you get off the interstate, but this was a gem and will become part of our trek in the future.

• Stayed April 2010
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 27 March 2010

This is our second time staying here, our first time was a few weeks after it opened. I have to say that the rooms are large and beautiful (high ceilings, interesting architecture, beautiful decorations, flat screen TVs, marble bath) and clean, they should have spent more money on the structure as it is quite noisy. However we were traveling with 2 kids- 5 and 3 months and neither were bothered by this and it didn't wake us once we went to sleep so maybe it wasn't that bad. There are few choices in the nice hotel categories that will accept pets of any size, especially ones with interior corridors (a must for us).

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family