Macon Marriott City Center
US$87
BestWestern.com
1842 Inn(Macon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe concierge loungestayed at the marriottstarbucks coffeefull service hotelconference centerclose to downtownco workersbusiness tripvery nice hotelbeds were comfortablehousekeeping staffnice stayinterstateflorida
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Macon Marriott. My room was nice and clean as well as the bathroom. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The only negative I could find was that the carpet in my room could use a good deep cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Wende B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

So great to learn you enjoyed your stay and felt positive about the staff interaction. I appreciate your comment on the carpet and we are addressing that issue. We are in the process of purchasing new equipment and developing a new process to assure all rooms get cleaned routinely.

Thanks again, return soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

conveniently located, this marriott full service hotel is a beautiful facility. it is a five star hotel in name and quality.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank YOU so much for choosing to stay with us! I am so glad your experience was a positive one.

Come back soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stopped here on the way to Savannah. The location is great if you need quick access to I-16 or I-75. The staff was accommodating and friendly. Stacey in the concierge lounge was wonderful. She had great information on local events and made sure I had everything I needed. The room was nice and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small but clean. Not much located near the hotel but it’s a short drive to an exit with lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

We too believe we have good easy on / off access and are a good mid-way point for many travelers. I will pass on your nice comment about Stacey. We sure value your feedback. The downtown is adding more restaurants that are only minutes away, but yes there are several good options within a short drive.

Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

The room was nothing fancy, but was clean. The bed is decent, but the pillows are an absolute nightmare. They are hard as rocks and caused massive neck pain for both my wife and myself. the room walls are paper thin and we were kept up most of the night by noice in the hallway. Overall, we may have slept a few hours and were both sore and tired the entire next day. The breakfast the next morning was absolutly awful. DO NOT ORDER IT! My wife was throwing up by that night and I contracted some type of flu like bug about 12 hours after staying. I can't say for sure it was from the hotel, but we were at home the entire day and night before our stay....so not many other possibilities....I would avoid this place on a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Very disturbing to hear about the potential issue with the food. We have had no other reports of any issues. We do have loss prevention agents that do roam the hallways to prevent noise. I am sorry that you were disturbed. Truly sorry to hear that you would not return.

I am happy to speak to you further if you wish to call and ask for the General Manager. Thank you in advance for giving me the opportunity to address the issues.

Have a great summer!

Reviewed 12 May 2012

We have waited for rooms to be ready to check into in Las Vegas,New York City, and Paris, but Macon Georgia? On a Thursday in May it took until almost 3 pm for our room to be ready. We are Marriott people and stay at their properties whenever we can, so if you are listening Macon Marriott management do something about getting people into their rooms. Hire more cleaning people or a more organized cleaning staff. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Our room was never cleaned the first day-- and we left the room for 5 hours before we came back and gave up on the cleaning.
The hotel itself seems fine, --nice rooms, friendly staff. It's not in a very desirable location but maybe Macon doesn't have the space in its real city center to put up a modern hotel. So if staff could work out their cleaning problems, I would up my rating on this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Wende B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear "Check in is a problem:"

I sincerely apologize for, first, not getting you into a guestroom promptly on your arrival day and secondly, not cleaning the room during your stay. Very disappointing for me to learn and aggravating for you. We are proud to have the Macon Marriott in such a great city. My first priority is to make sure we have guestrooms that are exceptionally clean and in good condition. Thank you for providing us feedback. I do hope you will consider staying with us again.