“Pleasantly surprised with quality and service”

Macon Marriott City Center
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Atlanta
“Pleasantly surprised with quality and service”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My husband and I found ourselves here because my dad ended up in the hospital and we needed a nice place to stay nearby. We checked in about midnight without a reservation and were greeted with a pleasant staff. Our room was clean and spacious. The next morning we had breakfast there before returning to the hospital and found great items on the menu as well as the buffet. Healthy options including freshly prepared omelets, fruit, turkey sausage and oatmeal rounded out more traditional breakfast options. Our server, George, was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Wende B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
I am so sorry to learn you we visiting due to being here for a family member's visit to the hospital. I am happy, though, to know your stay with us was a good experience, especially due to the special circumstances that brought you here.

I do hope your dad is fine. We are grateful for the positive feedback and will continue to work on our menus adding locally grown items and enhancing our lounge food selections.

Thanks again for taking the time write about us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

A perfect business hotel experience. I had meetings at the next-door coliseum/centreplex, and with covered walkway connector, this was the ideal place to stay. Near total occupancy, but never a delay even when making special requests from staff. Flawless room service breakfast... and no more expensive than lobby restaurant. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
…And we look forward to your return. We so appreciate your positive feedback. The staff takes pride in servicing our customers, more like family members. Safe travels and come back soon.
south georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Macon Marriott. My room was nice and clean as well as the bathroom. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The only negative I could find was that the carpet in my room could use a good deep cleaning.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Wende B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
So great to learn you enjoyed your stay and felt positive about the staff interaction. I appreciate your comment on the carpet and we are addressing that issue. We are in the process of purchasing new equipment and developing a new process to assure all rooms get cleaned routinely.

Thanks again, return soon.
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 4 June 2012

conveniently located, this marriott full service hotel is a beautiful facility. it is a five star hotel in name and quality.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank YOU so much for choosing to stay with us! I am so glad your experience was a positive one.

Come back soon!
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stopped here on the way to Savannah. The location is great if you need quick access to I-16 or I-75. The staff was accommodating and friendly. Stacey in the concierge lounge was wonderful. She had great information on local events and made sure I had everything I needed. The room was nice and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small but clean. Not much located near the hotel but it’s a short drive to an exit with lots of restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
We too believe we have good easy on / off access and are a good mid-way point for many travelers. I will pass on your nice comment about Stacey. We sure value your feedback. The downtown is adding more restaurants that are only minutes away, but yes there are several good options within a short drive.

Come see us again soon.
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The room was nothing fancy, but was clean. The bed is decent, but the pillows are an absolute nightmare. They are hard as rocks and caused massive neck pain for both my wife and myself. the room walls are paper thin and we were kept up most of the night by noice in the hallway. Overall, we may have slept a few hours and were both sore and tired the entire next day. The breakfast the next morning was absolutly awful. DO NOT ORDER IT! My wife was throwing up by that night and I contracted some type of flu like bug about 12 hours after staying. I can't say for sure it was from the hotel, but we were at home the entire day and night before our stay....so not many other possibilities....I would avoid this place on a return trip.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Very disturbing to hear about the potential issue with the food. We have had no other reports of any issues. We do have loss prevention agents that do roam the hallways to prevent noise. I am sorry that you were disturbed. Truly sorry to hear that you would not return.

I am happy to speak to you further if you wish to call and ask for the General Manager. Thank you in advance for giving me the opportunity to address the issues.

Have a great summer!
naples florida
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We have waited for rooms to be ready to check into in Las Vegas,New York City, and Paris, but Macon Georgia? On a Thursday in May it took until almost 3 pm for our room to be ready. We are Marriott people and stay at their properties whenever we can, so if you are listening Macon Marriott management do something about getting people into their rooms. Hire more cleaning people or a more organized cleaning staff. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Our room was never cleaned the first day-- and we left the room for 5 hours before we came back and gave up on the cleaning.
The hotel itself seems fine, --nice rooms, friendly staff. It's not in a very desirable location but maybe Macon doesn't have the space in its real city center to put up a modern hotel. So if staff could work out their cleaning problems, I would up my rating on this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Wende B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear "Check in is a problem:"

I sincerely apologize for, first, not getting you into a guestroom promptly on your arrival day and secondly, not cleaning the room during your stay. Very disappointing for me to learn and aggravating for you. We are proud to have the Macon Marriott in such a great city. My first priority is to make sure we have guestrooms that are exceptionally clean and in good condition. Thank you for providing us feedback. I do hope you will consider staying with us again.