“Needs A Facelift/Not Impressed at all!”

Macon Marriott City Center
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel on July 4th in one of their king suites. The suitefurnishing were extremely dated and in need of upgrade. Also, some of the regular amenities of a suite were missing, i.e., mini refrigerator. We had to pay $25 extra to have a refrigerator brought to the suite....not cool at all! And there were no microwave or mini bar in the suite either. I could have stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites down the road and received these same amenities included in the cost of the room and paid about $100 less per night.

Cleanliness: The overall cleanliness was okay. There were terry cloth bathrobes available, but they shed lint like crazy all over everything, so they were not good quality at all.

The room did have a DVD/CD player, but the couch/chair seemed dated and well used. Some spots on the couch.

Room Service: We ordered breakfast. The food was good and the service was prompt.

If I am ever in Macon again, will not choose this hotel for my stay....just not up to the standard I have seen in other Marriott hotels.

Room Tip: Stay at the Homewood Suites.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Wende B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

I apologize for the problems that you experienced with your service during your recent stay at our hotel. This is certainly not our standard and the issues are being addressed. It is always our desire to satisfy the needs of our guests, and when this is not done, we take it seriously.

While I cannot undo what has been done, your feedback provides us an opportunity to improve our processes. We will certainly consider your comments regarding the addition of the refrigerator; however, it is not a Marriott Brand Standard at this time.

I am pleased you had a good experience with Room Service. Thank you again for your feedback. I can assure you I take them to heart.

There are newer reviews for Macon Marriott City Center

Reviewed 4 July 2012

My high school class just celebrated our 35th reunion. This was a great place for a reunion. The whole atmosphere made you feel welcome.The Magnolia room is beautifu. The events manager was easy to work with. The night of the event, the red coat, Kat, who was in charge was awesome. She and her staff did everything possible to ensure us agreat time. Anything that was needed, they were courteous, friendly, and most of all kind to us. I would like to thank them again for helping have a grand time at our reunion.
Angela R.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Congratulations on your 35th Class reunion! We are so pleased you chose the Macon Marriott! Our staff is proud of their service to our clients. I will make sure to pass on your very kind words on to Kat and the event management associates. The Magnolia Ballroom is convenient to all our hotel services and easy parking access as well. Thank you for taking a moment to let us know your thoughts. We are appreciative!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Well.....there isn't much to do in macon...so if you have to go stay here. It is a great Marriott. Plenty of free parking great locatioin near the interstate and convention center. The hotel is nice and clean. Conceirge lounge is top notch. One of the best in chain for Marriott. Beds are nice and comfortable. Staff was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

We are so pleased to be in Macon and connected to the Centreplex Convention Center and Coliseum. We are the only 4 Diamond Property downtown and are proud of the upgraded services and facilities we offer. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for the positive feedback. Please return soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I would like to thank the entire staff at the Macon Marriott. The quality of service is amazing.
I would like to thank M's Denise for her excellent professionalism and that great smile, she
always greet you with a smile whether she is extremely busy or giving a helping hand. Bennie
at the Front Desk is always smiling wanting to know M's Marshall do you need anything if
so let us know. Katherine, Andrew, Jarvis, Erica in housekeeping, just the whole entire
staff is great, Katherine is always trying to lend a helping hand. I just want to thank everyone and i would liketo thank evryone for their great hospitality. I will always stay at the Macon
Marriott, Coliesum Drive, I16 Exit 2, Macon, Georgia.

JaniceandWillie Marshall , .

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Marshall:

The entire staff was ecstatic to hear we are your #1 Choice when you stay in Macon. You are so wonderful to make note of the names of the staff that served you. What a great tribute to them. We really enjoy having you and look forward always to your return.

Stay cool in this summer heat!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My wife took me to Macon Ga. for my birthday last week and we stayed in the Marriott Macon City Center Hotel. The staff from the front door (Raheal) to the front check in desk(Bennie) to the dinning area were all GREAT!!!!!!!!. The room was clean, bright, and cheerful. The bed were not only comfortable, but gave us a good quite night sleep while we were there. That first mourning we ate in the dining room where we met a server that was from (North Carolina) who also severed with politeness and good service. My wife had talked to the master-chef Leonard and a server (George) about arranging a diner in my honor for my day before our arrival. What I got was a master piece, a great chef and service that was equal to any 6 star restaurants. (George). It was a four course meal that was not only appealing to the eye, but was also tasty to the appellate, We had a chance to go to the bar inside of the hotel and the bartender(Kiya) and the kitchen staff (DJ) who also took care of us. Every staff person that we encountered was not only friendly and polite (Denise), but was also edger to please us as a customer to make our stay Great.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING MY WIFE TO PLAN AND CARRY OUT ONE OF MY BEST BRITHDAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
PS We will be back
James and Ann Johnson

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Wende B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

What a tribute to your special day and we thank you for spending it with us! I am so proud of our staff and have already shared your wonderful comments with them. George, Kiya, Raheal, DJ and Chef Leonard are genuinely nice and talented people. We have many associates very proud of the work they do and it shows.

We look forward to your return. Don't wait for another birthday to return; that would be too long from now. Enjoy your summer! Thanks again.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

My husband and I found ourselves here because my dad ended up in the hospital and we needed a nice place to stay nearby. We checked in about midnight without a reservation and were greeted with a pleasant staff. Our room was clean and spacious. The next morning we had breakfast there before returning to the hospital and found great items on the menu as well as the buffet. Healthy options including freshly prepared omelets, fruit, turkey sausage and oatmeal rounded out more traditional breakfast options. Our server, George, was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

I am so sorry to learn you we visiting due to being here for a family member's visit to the hospital. I am happy, though, to know your stay with us was a good experience, especially due to the special circumstances that brought you here.

I do hope your dad is fine. We are grateful for the positive feedback and will continue to work on our menus adding locally grown items and enhancing our lounge food selections.

Thanks again for taking the time write about us!

Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

A perfect business hotel experience. I had meetings at the next-door coliseum/centreplex, and with covered walkway connector, this was the ideal place to stay. Near total occupancy, but never a delay even when making special requests from staff. Flawless room service breakfast... and no more expensive than lobby restaurant. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

…And we look forward to your return. We so appreciate your positive feedback. The staff takes pride in servicing our customers, more like family members. Safe travels and come back soon.