“Very good service”

Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Mebane, North Carolina
“Very good service”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I travel all the time and I know what good service looks like - and George Ray (or Pay?) who worked in the restaurant was an outstanding example of excellent customer service. He should be teaching others (although I had very good service at this hotel - the Door Man was excellent too).

Hope someone from Marriott lets them know how appreciated they are for their service.

Mike

Room Tip: It seems 3-5 pm is a terrible time to check in. They work hard and fast but there are not enough of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and are very proud of our staff! We look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was at this hotel as a speaker for a meeting in the conference center. The morning of the event I took a shower and then realized there was no hair dryer in the room. I called the hotel numbers listed on the phone for hotel services, front desk, etc and no one would answer any of the numbers. I then tried the number I had used to call for reservations and got no answer. Ken dressed and walked to the front desk and was ignored by the two staff members there. After interrupting there conversation they did not have a solution. I conducted the conference with wet hair. Very disappointed in the conference breakfast food, it was not able to be eaten. One kind of muffin, looked raw but was very dry and literally a bowl of fruit was offered, not conducive for consumption at meeting tables. I was told there would be fruit in a bowl but expected peeled and cut up. Will most likely have another conference next year but will think twice before using this location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
I am terribly sorry for your experience. I will investigate the dates you were at our hotel and do everything I can to ensure this does not happen again. We do hope to see you at your next conference so you can enjoy the luxury and excellent customer service our hotel can provide and that you deserve.
Claxton, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Arrived a little before 4pm to stay one night. The check in line was backed up to the door. We waited about 20 minutes in line only to find out the rooms were not ready. It is 4:15PM and the room isn't ready? The room that we paid $159 plus tax for?? They said they would call when room was ready. We sat and waited and no one ever called. Countless others were given a room as we waited. Finally we went back up to the desk and asked about our room and they gave us the keys. We never got a phone call and just sat around waiting for one. There were 2 other families in the room that had to do the same thing and they never got a phone call either. Unacceptable!

Also, there was a charge for Internet service- this hotel seems very business oriented so I can't figure out why there was a charge for a basic service that you get free at other hotels in the area.

There was no free breakfast but there was a breakfast buffet that costs $14.95 per person.

In my opinion, this hotel was not worth the money. There is no reason that a hotel shouldn't be able to provide you a room at 4pm on your day of check in. No discount was offered, we were just told it would be sometime before 7pm. I understand that people want late checkouts but it is unfair to offer so many late check outs that your new guests cannot check in. After traveling over 2 hours, we were not happy to sit in the hotel waiting area and hope that our room would be ready soon.

This hotel was very nice, very clean and very convienent to the Convention Center; however, the lack of customer service would prevent me from wanting to come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
While I am happy you found our hotel nice and clean, I am disappointed with the service you received. Please know that I read every review carefully and take steps to correct these situations. I hope you will return and give us the chance to provide you with the excellent service we are capable of and that you deserve.
Elberton, GA
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Arrived on Friday and had an excellent check-in. When we got to the room we discovered that four people were expected to use 3 towels and 2 wash clothes. Since housekeeping was still in the hall way, we asked for an additional towel and wash clothes. We were told they were in the laundry and would be brought up soon. Two hours later, we called back and requested the towels, wash clothes, and 2 blankets. When we got back to the room at 9:30 pm and we had the blankets, but still no towels and wash clothes. We made another call. At 10:15 we headed to bed and was woke up at 11:15 with our towels at the door. On Saturday, housekeeping again only left three towels. On Sunday morning, we had breakfast scheduled to start at 7:00. We were delighted when the breakfast was brought out at 7:20. The wait staff were friendly but they didn't seem to get in a hurry about making sure you had all your needs for the meals. However, I will say the food was excellent.

This convention location is awful if you have attendees who have trouble walking long distances or getting around. The hallway down to the ball rooms are down a LONG ramp. The hallway needed to be vacuumed due to dead bugs and dirt on the carpet.

Also, don't count on eating in restaurants close to this hotel.

One of the attendees at the convention had her car broken into on Saturday night.

Room Tip: If you are wanting to stay in an area with restaurants this is NOT a location that you want to stay.
2 Thank Enj0ytraveling
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am really sorry for your experience. That is unacceptable and I appreciate your feedback so that I can better manage my staff and hotel. I assure you I will personally look into these issues and resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible. We hope you will return and give us another chance to provide you with the excellent service we pride ourselves on and that you deserve.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I am an elite member of Marriott and arrived a little early for a convention that I was looking forward to. I had planned on combining this trip with pleasure. Upon arrival I was told the rooms were not ready because of late checkouts, I was not offered anything to do or options while I waited. I was told I would be given a call when the room was ready but the call never came. The next morning I had a business meeting at 9am and I called to ask for a late check out and was told no. I had never been told no. This was unexpected and caused me to pack fast and somehow my medicine bag came up missing. It took a week for me to reach someone concerning my medications. As you would know, I never got them back. The bag contained prescription pain medication and the general manager of the hotel was as inefficient as the staff. He offered nothing for my inconvenience. The room was nasty and corporate suggested compensation but the general manager did absolutely nothing. I will never stay at this ghetto hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Karen J
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a newer property with a well trained and caring staff. From the front counter to the kitchen the staff was consistent and attentive. Fitness center and pool were nice and the bar/restaurant were inviting. It was much more than I expected.

Room Tip: The morning breakfast bar is faster and less expensive than eating off the menu after you factor in...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the review and for the tip for other guests. We look forward to serving you next time.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Disappointing experience. Arrived last night at 11:30 p.m. with husband and 2 sons after long drive from Florida. Had reserved and paid for a room with 2 queens, which was noted in their computer. Told by front desk gentleman that although my reservation showed that I had booked a 2 Queen room, they had no room with queens available. Only Kings which could not accommodate kids, too tight a fit for rollaway beds. I asked that they provide us with an adjoining King at their expense, since this was not our fault (I had confirmed this reservation only 1.5 hours earlier). He refused and said we would have to pay for 2 rooms, not just 1. With no budget for 2 rooms, we were left stranded. All other hotels were sold out for hundreds of miles along I-75 north and south b/c of spring break. Went back to the car and finally found a soft hearted manager at another hotel chain who helped us locate a room in a small town 20 miles off the beaten path and arrived in early morning hours. We had selected this Marriott b/c of the good reviews. Very disappointed in this gentleman's refusal to help us in this situation and total lack of customer service on the part of Marriott. Expected much more from a Marriott Hotel

Room Tip: The front desk gentleman said not to trust the Marriott Reservations Line b/c they are inaccurate on...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Mary K
We apologize for your experience and I will personally discuss this with our desk staff to find out what happened so that this does not happen again. We are happy you were able to find a room for the night, but wish we had been more helpful. We hope you will return to our wonderful city!