“Clean & quiet in a convenient location”

Macon Marriott City Center
Ranked #29 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Leitchfield, Kentucky
“Clean & quiet in a convenient location”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Located just east of downtown off I-16; convenient for our trip from Kentucky to Florida. Room rate of $84 + tax was comparable to other convention accommodations. Booked a King but only 2 queens available. Room was very clean and quiet. Since we were traveling, did not use onsite food services - Krispy Kreme is just a few blocks away! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you next time. Thanks for the review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Their customer service and conference hospitality work are far below standard. The hotel provided no signage to direct attendees to conference meeting rooms in the cavernous city center buildings, the signs on the meeting rooms were wrong, the 7 a.m. breakfast wasn't served until nearly 7:30 a.m. and the 11 a.m. lunch wasn't served until 11:10 a.m. The checkout desk was unable to process correctly dozens of guests' tax-exempt bills, and trying to obtain a correct printed copy of the receipt was a nightmare. Planning a conference? Don't book this place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Roger N
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
I am sorry for your experience. I have sent you a private message with my direct line. I hope you will call me so we can discuss and resolve this.
alabama
Reviewed 19 May 2014

2 Issues
Breakfast - When we arrived, there were many empty tables, but we waited 10 minutes before we were seated. The buffet had very few food items so we ordered omelets from the menu which served cold and were tasteless.

Our room - located on concierge level - room #810. We did not turn off the tv and go to bed until about 1am. It was then that we heard the loud rumbling noise which continued all night. I am sure we could have asked for another room, but at that time of night?? no way.

Mentioned these issues to the manager on duty who didn't have much to say. When we arrived home, we called Marriott Customer Service who said they would have the hotel manager call us. It has been 2 weeks and we have not heard from the manager and really don't think we wil.

Room Tip: don't say in # 810
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for our conversation. I enjoyed speaking with you and look forward to your return.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I travel frequently on business and stay in lots of hotels. This hotel has all the amenities you would need but the thing that impressed me the most was the wonderful service that started at check in and lasted until check out. Every staff member that I encountered went out of their way to assist me and to make my stay more pleasant. I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in Macon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and are proud of our excellent staff! We look forward to seeing you next time!
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I travel all the time and I know what good service looks like - and George Ray (or Pay?) who worked in the restaurant was an outstanding example of excellent customer service. He should be teaching others (although I had very good service at this hotel - the Door Man was excellent too).

Hope someone from Marriott lets them know how appreciated they are for their service.

Mike

Room Tip: It seems 3-5 pm is a terrible time to check in. They work hard and fast but there are not enough of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and are very proud of our staff! We look forward to your return!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was at this hotel as a speaker for a meeting in the conference center. The morning of the event I took a shower and then realized there was no hair dryer in the room. I called the hotel numbers listed on the phone for hotel services, front desk, etc and no one would answer any of the numbers. I then tried the number I had used to call for reservations and got no answer. Ken dressed and walked to the front desk and was ignored by the two staff members there. After interrupting there conversation they did not have a solution. I conducted the conference with wet hair. Very disappointed in the conference breakfast food, it was not able to be eaten. One kind of muffin, looked raw but was very dry and literally a bowl of fruit was offered, not conducive for consumption at meeting tables. I was told there would be fruit in a bowl but expected peeled and cut up. Will most likely have another conference next year but will think twice before using this location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
I am terribly sorry for your experience. I will investigate the dates you were at our hotel and do everything I can to ensure this does not happen again. We do hope to see you at your next conference so you can enjoy the luxury and excellent customer service our hotel can provide and that you deserve.
Claxton, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Arrived a little before 4pm to stay one night. The check in line was backed up to the door. We waited about 20 minutes in line only to find out the rooms were not ready. It is 4:15PM and the room isn't ready? The room that we paid $159 plus tax for?? They said they would call when room was ready. We sat and waited and no one ever called. Countless others were given a room as we waited. Finally we went back up to the desk and asked about our room and they gave us the keys. We never got a phone call and just sat around waiting for one. There were 2 other families in the room that had to do the same thing and they never got a phone call either. Unacceptable!

Also, there was a charge for Internet service- this hotel seems very business oriented so I can't figure out why there was a charge for a basic service that you get free at other hotels in the area.

There was no free breakfast but there was a breakfast buffet that costs $14.95 per person.

In my opinion, this hotel was not worth the money. There is no reason that a hotel shouldn't be able to provide you a room at 4pm on your day of check in. No discount was offered, we were just told it would be sometime before 7pm. I understand that people want late checkouts but it is unfair to offer so many late check outs that your new guests cannot check in. After traveling over 2 hours, we were not happy to sit in the hotel waiting area and hope that our room would be ready soon.

This hotel was very nice, very clean and very convienent to the Convention Center; however, the lack of customer service would prevent me from wanting to come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
While I am happy you found our hotel nice and clean, I am disappointed with the service you received. Please know that I read every review carefully and take steps to correct these situations. I hope you will return and give us the chance to provide you with the excellent service we are capable of and that you deserve.