“I always stay here when I work Macon. ”

Macon Marriott City Center
Ranked #29 of 68 Hotels in Macon
A TripAdvisor Member
“I always stay here when I work Macon. ”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this Marriott at least ten times since it first opened several years ago. It's easily the best full service hotel in Macon. Management and staff are caring and hard working. Unfortunately there are going to be some people/customers that you can't please no matter what. I'm just glad I'm not one of them. Looking forward to my stay here. Thanks.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We really appreciate your kind, encouraging words. We love our customers and love serving you! See you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk in the door the staff at this property make you welcome and at home. They have a full service restaurant and lounge. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. I highly recommend this property! It makes life on the road more bearable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are extremely proud of our hospitable staff and love that you think they are great too! We look forward to serving you again!
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Loved the room, which had a king bed. Bathroom had a shower which was great. Swimming pool, fitness center. Hot tub was closed due to a leak. Had a bar and restaurant. Would come back and stay again. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Horrible customer service!! No one in the front desk knows what they are doing and they have an unpleasant attitude for every question you have!! Worst hotel I've stayed in!! In addition dirty rooms!! Don't stay there!! If possible find another hotel!

Room Tip: Go some where else!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bonnie P
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am extremely sorry for your experience. I can assure you this is not a common occurrence and all of our staff, including the front desk, completes extensive training. We do hope you will give us another chance so we can provide you with the excellent customer service we pride ourselves on and that you deserve.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is an outstanding venue for conferences and other kinds of business travel in the Macon area. This was my second stay this year and I highly recommend it. The restaurant offers some excellent menu options from salads to heartier meals such as shrimp and grits. I am gluten intolerant and the cook came out to discuss my options so he could be sure everything was safe for me. Also, the decor is modern and colorful and very relaxing.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Laura K
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel and restaurant! We can't wait to serve you again!
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel completely unprepared for a large crowd with a festival in town. People waiting for their rooms in the lobby for hours. We finally got our room after 8pm. In my opinion the hotel was understaffed. The General Manager had the day off.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tim T
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Let me first thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are extremely sorry for your experience and can assure you this is not a common occurrence at our property. We pride ourselves on our wonderful, accommodating staff, and hope you will consider returning so we can provide you the excellent service you deserve.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The wife and I were driving to Ft. Lauderdale with Macon being the halfway point. We've stayed in other hotels in the Macon area but so far the Macon Marriott City Center has been our best accommodation. What stood out was the hotel staff...they were very pleasant and extremely helpful. The lady at the front desk offered us an inexpensive upgrade, putting us on the concierge level (a great room) and the gentlemen attending the concierge lounge directed us to a great rib restaurant which made a very pleasant evening. Unfortunately, I don't have the their names for individual recognition. The hotel is centrally located, close to the interstate and a very modern accommodation. I would highly recommend it for your next trip to or through Macon!

Room Tip: Very reasonable upgrade to the concierge level.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Al S
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and our staff! We look forward to serving you again next time you are in Macon.